“Fantastic breakfast YUM”

The Egg & I
Ranked #11 of 66 Restaurants in Ancaster
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Our breakfast menu offers locally farmed fresh grade A eggs, a variety of specialty omelettes or you can ask to create your own; the BEST eggs benedict, which is prepared to satisfy all tastes; freshly prepared hand cut grilled home fries seasoned to perfection, deep fried or plain; In-house made fresh ‘n fluffy buttermilk pancakes, Belgium waffles or Texas French toast all available with a variety of toppings for you to personalize Our Lunch menu features in house made 100% beef burgers; A Swiss mushroom burger topped with sauteed chopped fresh mushrooms and melted Swiss cheese; Homemade soups and an assortment of hot/cold Sandwiches try our famous Club house and roast beef melts cooked in house with fresh turkey and roast beef for anytime of the day. Come For Dinner and enjoy a variety of salads, fresh chicken, and in house made fish & chips with coleslaw. Recommended entrees: a 10oz New York Steak grilled the way you like and loaded with sauteed mushrooms; liver & onions; pasta, with or without meat sauce.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We've been for breakfast at so many places but nothing compares to The Egg and I. i had the Greek Omelet, my husband the Farmers Omelet, my daughter pancakes, and my son scramled eggs, bacon. the homefries delicious, the eggs and omelets cooked to our liking, the pancakes fluffy, everything was amazing - and very filling. the waitress pleasant and always coming over for coffee refills. The place was packed at that time yet we recieved our order in a timey manner. I find you really get your moneys worth at The Egg and I,
I tell everyone i know they HAVE to go there! Dinners are great as well. I recommend the homemade Banquet Burger and Veal cutlet dinner. DELICIOUS - I'm getting hungry right now.
Irene and Family, Stoney Creek

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have been going to The Egg and I in Ancaster and Hamilton for years. I LOVE the Breakfast! Large portions nicely placed on the plate and delicious. The service is quick the people are so friendly. How they keep up when it is so busy is amazing and keep everything so clean! Really great. Honestly, i don't know how anyone could write a bad review... SOUR GRAPES I guess.
I recommend The Egg and I to all my family and friends all the time and they LOVE IT!
Thanks, Sally

1  Thank Info I
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

My family lives going here anytime for breakfast. Banana pancakes are the best and house omlette. Servers are nice and kutchen is quick. great coffee too.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went to the Egg & I for breakfast twice this weekend, both times we received our meals within 10 min. They are always refilling you coffee, the food was good and the service was great. We will be going back.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

A typical basic breakfast menu with generous helpings of everything one probably shouldn't eat for breakfast every day but once in a while is fine. Service is prompt and friendly; dinner offerings can vary, depending on who is doing the cooking that day.