“Best Breakfast Lunch and Diner are great too!”
Review of The Egg & I

The Egg & I
Ranked #16 of 59 Restaurants in Ancaster
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Our breakfast menu offers locally farmed fresh grade A eggs, a variety of specialty omelettes or you can ask to create your own; the BEST eggs benedict, which is prepared to satisfy all tastes; freshly prepared hand cut grilled home fries seasoned to perfection, deep fried or plain; In-house made fresh ‘n fluffy buttermilk pancakes, Belgium waffles or Texas French toast all available with a variety of toppings for you to personalize Our Lunch menu features in house made 100% beef burgers; A Swiss mushroom burger topped with sauteed chopped fresh mushrooms and melted Swiss cheese; Homemade soups and an assortment of hot/cold Sandwiches try our famous Club house and roast beef melts cooked in house with fresh turkey and roast beef for anytime of the day. Come For Dinner and enjoy a variety of salads, fresh chicken, and in house made fish & chips with coleslaw. Recommended entrees: a 10oz New York Steak grilled the way you like and loaded with sauteed mushrooms; liver & onions; pasta, with or without meat sauce.
Burlington, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Breakfast Lunch and Diner are great too!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have been going to The Egg and I in Ancaster and Hamilton for years. I LOVE the Breakfast! Large portions nicely placed on the plate and delicious. The service is quick the people are so friendly. How they keep up when it is so busy is amazing and keep everything so clean! Really great. Honestly, i don't know how anyone could write a bad review... SOUR GRAPES I guess.
I recommend The Egg and I to all my family and friends all the time and they LOVE IT!
Thanks, Sally

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Info I

“love this place!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

My family lives going here anytime for breakfast. Banana pancakes are the best and house omlette. Servers are nice and kutchen is quick. great coffee too.

• Visited July 2013
Sudbury, Canada
“Great food, fast”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went to the Egg & I for breakfast twice this weekend, both times we received our meals within 10 min. They are always refilling you coffee, the food was good and the service was great. We will be going back.

Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Good stop for Brekky”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

A typical basic breakfast menu with generous helpings of everything one probably shouldn't eat for breakfast every day but once in a while is fine. Service is prompt and friendly; dinner offerings can vary, depending on who is doing the cooking that day.

• Visited June 2012
Hamilton, Canada
“Good Food”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Egg & I 1242 Highway 53 WE L9G 3K9 Ancaster

There are 3 different locations for this restaurant and I went to the one in Ancaster. On the way to Brantford the restaurant is a popular place for all day breaky. It has a bright clean décor and the menu has all the favourites on it. I ordered the Eggs Bene and it was made with peameal bacon. The spuds were almost like fried mash, and tasted good. I have had the spuds before and it is the way they make them at the Egg. All the food was properly cooked and served hot. The coffee was good and you get extra refills. Good service and a smile; I’ll go back.

Nearby are the usual shopping centres and in Brantford attractions include the Royal Chapel of the Mohawk, Canadian Military Heritage Museum and the Grand River Conservation Area. If you’re a cyclist the Hamilton to Brantford Rail Trail is worth checking out.

• Visited April 2013