“Needs improvement”

Bella of Ancaster - Philip Shaver House
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

The setting is great. Nice old house very comfortable.

Wine selection is small but good. Soup of the day was quite good but it ended there. Salad was tasteless. Filet was ok but it had a peppercorn sauce that was overpowering and the veggies had some strange spice added that did not sit well on the palate.

Dessert was quite tasty ...apple.pie and cinnamon ice cream..which I have never had.

Overall I was a.bit disappointed in the main course and found it lacking. Service was great but that could not make up for the food.

Overall somewhat pricey for what it was. I dont think I willl be returning.

There are newer reviews for Bella of Ancaster - Philip Shaver House

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Lunch was Delishious! Menu was top quality, very reasonable. Friendly, courteous service, our waitress was one of the best. This little house has been lavishly renovated to accommodate party venues with discreet rooms, lovely day dining for lunch out with the girls and romantic evening dining, such great ambience. They have added a good selection of boutique shopping, from clothing jewellery giftware, candles, soaps rugs, mirrors housewares. It truly is a hidden Gem. As mentioned by other reviewers, the owners are at your beck and call. This is a must visit while in Ancaster

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

We went for my husband's birthday and we had a great night! Our server was so knowledgeable and she helped make our visit so worth it. I had the pork tenderloin and it was so big I couldn't eat it all! I don't usually eat pork but it looked so good I couldn't resist not having it! My husband had the steak and he really enjoyed it as well! We will for sure be going back..I particularly would like to try the tea luncheon on sunday!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

With friends for lunch. Lovely atmosphere, and very good service. We were served promptly, and the lunch special (Trout that day) was delicious. I look forward to returning.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

From the moment you walk in the door and experience the warmth a classy felling of this restaurant, to the down to earth, friendly owners who are at your beck and call, this restaurant with all of it's bountiful offerings was an experience I am only to happy to repeat!
Genuine people make for a wonderful dining experience. It sure beats some of the other uppity places that make you feel uncomfortable.
The food was amazing, the portions more than generous!
Overall, a truly lovely experience.
And the decor, the retail section - to die for!!!
There is something for everyone at this establishment, whether it be excellent food or excellent
product to purchase - Bella of Ancaster is it!