“Alright souvenir store”

The Great Canadian Gift Company
Ranked #1 of 8 Shopping in Ancaster
More attraction details
Owner description: The Great Canadian Gift Company is a retail store located in beautiful Ancaster, ON that specializes selling exclusively Canadian made, designed or themed products. Are you traveling abroad and looking for some small Canadian Gifts for your trip? Are you here vacationing and would like some Great Canadian Gifts to take home? Then you must visit the Great Canadian Gift Company.
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The great Canadian superstore is an interesting place. They have lots of neat things however I found it a little over priced.

Glen M, Owner at The Great Canadian Gift Company, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to write and submit your review. We appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am however sorry to hear that you found some of our products as you termed it, "over priced". The majority of our products are made in Canada. When we support Canadian manufacturers and Artisan's it is inevitable that we have to pay more for a higher quality product. Although this limits our profit margin we are happy to support our fellow Canadian companies. Additionally contrary to your statement, we have had several customers comment on how reasonable our prices are. As per your referring to us as a souvenir store, we and many of our customers would suggest that we are far more than a souvenir store. Based on how many Canadiana products we have, I can understand your terming us as such. I am not insulted by your description however I do want to ensure anyone reading your review realizes we are far more than a souvenir store. Thank you again for your review and for shopping at The Great Canadian Gift Company. We sincerely hope you return soon.
Glen

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a brilliant place to be if you desire a souvenir of your visit to Canada.

It stands poles ahead of any store I have seen , as a seasoned traveller, throughout the world.

Glen M, Owner at The Great Canadian Gift Company, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. Were glad you enjoyed visiting our store. If you ever return we'd love to have you visit again. Enjoy the rest of your summer and thank you for your business. We sincerely appreciate it.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was my first visit to the store. The owner was very approachable and helpful and you could see his enthusiasm for his store and the items he stocks. Erin, on staff, was very helpful! I was shopping for Canadian gifts with a difference, to take with me to visit my family in Norway and Sweden. Erin rolled up her sleeves and got right in there, coming up with a variety of ideas. It was a very pleasurable experience. Lots and lots of great gift ideas, great quality and good prices. I am returning today to pick up a few more different gift ideas to greet my family with!

1  Thank Darlene M
Glen M, Owner at The Great Canadian Gift Company, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Hi Darlene, Thank you for the kind words for both Erin and I. We really enjoyed working with you and we hope that your gifts are well received. I have forwarded your praise onto Erin. She will be thrilled to read this review. Have a wonderful trip and we'll look forward to seeing you next time your in.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have visited this store on many occasions. It reminds me of the cottage; every time I walk in, I feel relaxed and "at home". I love that it's truly Canadian in that all merchandise is made in Canada. Erin was very friendly and helpful, and the owner shared some helpful advice on what to do and see in Collingwood when I go up to visit. I plan on returning to buy the matching mittens for my daughter's Sock Monkey hat (when absolutely EVERYONE on the planet was sold out of these in March for my daughter's birthday, I knew TGCGC would have it!).

1  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed June 16, 2013

While browsing the net looking for Canadian made gifts, I stumbled across The Great Canadian Gift Company in Ancaster, Ontario. Thanks to their web site, I was able to choose a gift that would work for all our guest speakers. I decided to call to chat about my choice and had the great good fortune to speak with Erin. She was very helpful, very, very pleasant and just plain fun to chat with - she offered to contact the company's other store in Blue Mountain and arranged to have one of the pieces sent from that store to Ancaster and onto me. I am very pleased with the product and particuarly with the service. Thanks, Erin and thanks Great Canadian Gift Company.

1  Thank Sheleigh