“This entire chain has gone down the tubes”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
Ranked #19 of 59 Restaurants in Ancaster
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since our doors first opened in 1954, Canadian families have been coming back to Swiss Chalet generation after generation. Our rotisserie ovens only accept fresh (never frozen), grain-fed, Canadian Grade A chickens, because quality is all we know. So what will it be? A Quarter Chicken with fries?
Toronto, Canada
“This entire chain has gone down the tubes”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

There was a time you could enjoy some great chicken at Swiss Chalet. That time has passed. This location is no different. I'm not sure if it is an identity crisis given the crossover between Harvey's and SC, but I'm so upset every time I eat here anymore. The portions of chicken are getting smaller and smaller and they just give you more fries to soak in the still (I admit) addictive sauce. Fries are ok, salads are sad, sad, sad fillers at best. If it wasn't so great before, I would probably not be so upset that it's so bad now, but it is a let down at just AVERAGE.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lovemytravels121

Ancaster, Canada
“A Good Restaurant”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Graet Chicken and Ribs. I have been there many times and they never disappoint. Their Chicken/Rib combo is hard to beat.

Guelph, Ontario
“Ancaster Ontario is the worst swiss chalet - stay away”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

On July 26, 2012 we dined at the Swiss Chalet. We had party of seven and were seated
at a table as per our request. The server was friendly and took our drinks order. After that
we ordered our meals. I ordered the half chicken dinner. The others ordered chicken and rib, salad and chicken sandwich. The place was empty which surprised me because the canadian golf open was on. After a very long wait our meals finally arrived. My white meat was cold and the dark meal was fine. Our server disappeared and we never saw again until we tracked her down to pay the bill. This was the worst half chicken dinner I have ever had and I will not return. My friends chicken paninni was tasteless and he said "No more Swiss for me" I agreed. I will not recommend this restaurant to any of my family or friends. Stay away!

• Visited July 2012