“Road House”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cavallo Nero

Cavallo Nero
Ranked #4 of 59 Restaurants in Ancaster
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Road House”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

The title Road House tells you what it is. A bustling busy road house type restaurant that serves good food in a busy environment. It is popular enough that you may have to wait for a table but you can wait at the bar. It is not a place for an intimate dinner, more for drinks and nibblies or a quick dinner.

• Visited September 2013

• Arabic first
Hamilton
“Extremely disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I ordered a gin and tonic not mixed together. I received the glass of tonic with ice and a small glass beside which looked like the shot of gin. I decided to sip the gin before mixing it with the tonic and to my surprise it was a shot of water! Wonder how often that happens? I'm sure most people would automatically mix it without tasting it first. Also, my husband ordered a chivas which says $7.00 a shot on the menu and we were charged $8.00 on our bill. Again, good way to make some extra money as most people might not notice. I think I was more alert and now distrusting after the gin/water incident. Also, the manager needs to try sitting on those bar stools! They need to be replaced, feel like you're sinking in the middle and only sitting on the frame. Good food and service. Just beware!

Visited March 2014
Stoney Creek, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Celebrating 40 years with great food and friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

First time that we ever been to this restaurant and let me tell you it will not be my last!!!!! Celebrated a besties 40th birthday and we had one of the best meals....from the fresh bread and garlic to the latte and dessert....it was 10++++ "complements to the Chef!! Job well done! The restaurant was nice with their wall of wines....a must try wine..."boom boom" this was suggested from our Waitress Kathleen...whom I have to say was one of the best waitresses that I have seen in a very long time...she really topped off our perfect dinner and experience....Thank you Kathleen for all the extra's you provided that night to surprise my dear friend! She loved it and we Loved Cavallo Nero...So if your looking for a great night with great food, wine and lets not forget the entertainment (jazz piece) just remember the "black horse"...Cavallo Nero!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Fazzari
“Overall Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a frequent place for me to meet friends for lunch or dinner. Food is delicious and nicely presented. My favourite is the tomato red pepper soup. In the summer the outside patio has live music and this adds to a great evening.

Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Such a comfortable place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

To my way of thinking, I believe it's reasonable to assume at Restaurants such as Cavallo Nero the food will live up to our expectations.....and it certainly does. So what keeps us coming back? It's the people, the comfortable space and on occasion some really fine live Jazz. I find everyone at Cavallo from hostess and servers, to Stephanie the manager, and Doug the owner, wonderful company.

• Visited March 2014