“Second Visit, Did Not Disappoint!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cavallo Nero

Cavallo Nero
Ranked #4 of 59 Restaurants in Ancaster
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Waterloo, Canada
“Second Visit, Did Not Disappoint!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Three of us visited for our second time 09/15. Concerns over a missed call-in reservation were quickly dealt with by Mark, who swooped in and found us a nice table immediately and the night went great from then on! Martha could not have been more attentive, knows her menu and made great suggestions. Try the Caesar Salad-fantastic! Their stone baked gourmet pizza was delicious and unique. Can't wait to return!

• Arabic first
jerseyvill, ontario, canada
“Happy Birthday dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Booked this restaurant as I had been given a gift card for my birthday. Took a friend on her birthday. Excellent dinner from appetizer, salad, dinner and dessert. Would definately recommend this restaurant and I can't wait to go back to try something new. Lots of choices.

Simcoe, Canada
“Great Gluten Free Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for dinner other night here and were quit impressed with the food and the price. She is celiac and found the food very tasty. The gluten free bread was really good to I couldn't tell the difference. Service was good too and loved the atmosphere.

1 Thank John Woods W
Ancaster, Canada
“Overpriced, dissapointing food and poor service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

The restaurant looks nice, and tries hard to be an upmarket place, but (in my opinion) it fails to achieve it.
The food sounds great on the menu but seems to be dissapointing when it finally arrives. It looks nice but lacks the most inportant thing for me - taste. Everything I've tried seems to be bland and boring.
The pizza I tried this time (Margehrita) was short on cheese, and didn't taste of anything except the bread in the pizza base. It wasn't hot enough either, maybe hadn't been cooked for long enough or the oven wasn't hot enough. If they can't get this most basic pizza right, what hope is there for anythign else? I'd previously tried the mediterranean pizza, and felt the same thing about it, too.
The staff seem more interested in looking pretty and chatting among themselves, than in taking care of the diners. Plates are cleared away too soon (before I had finished!) and the bill took a long time to arrive.
Overall, I was dissapointed by almost everything. I won't bother coming here again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank GMW1960
Ancaster, ON
“Great Spot - Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Cavallo Nero offer really good value and consistent food. We have been 4-5 times in the last 30 days and every time the food is good, the beer is cold and the wine is appropriately priced. Nice offering of fresh bread while you wait, live tunes on a lot of the nights. This is a go to place for us. Nice to have it right in town within walking distance. Try it - you will not be disappointed.

Visited August 2013