“Great find!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We needed to find a place to stop in the area as we were passing through and we stumbled upon Cavallo Nero. What a great find! They have several gluten-free options and had no problem accommodating dietary issues. I had pizza with a gluten-free crust - but I was torn because I could have had one of the pasta dishes with gluten-free pasta (it was amazing to have a choice!). The food was above average. The server was delightful - very attentive and pleasant. We enjoyed sitting outside on the patio. I would definitely recommend Cavallo Nero!

There are newer reviews for Cavallo Nero

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Three of us went for dinner on a Sunday of a long weekend. Understandably quiet in the restaurant, but we enjoyed the relaxed and quiet atmosphere. Service was perfectly balanced - never neglected but not disturbing our visit. Bruschetta was fresh and not over-oiled. House salads were above average. The gnocchi was tender and the sauce tangy and bursting with flavor. The sausage was surprisingly tasty with the right touch of spice. My husband had the veal parm and the veal was perfectly melt in your mouth prepared. First visit, but definitely worth the lovely drive to Ancaster and we will be back!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Have visited on three occasions with all meals nice but not memorable. I can't say that anything was bad but it just needed an extra zip. Maybe its because we havent tried the meat mains and were missing the best?! Pastas, pizzas, salads are nice. Servers were friendly and efficient and the ambience is nice. Will visit once more to try the meat mains to see if that hits the ball out of the park.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Good Italian menu, with items tending to be a bit on the hot/spicy side. Jazz musicians play requests on weekends, and it is best to book reservation. In middle of Ancaster with good parking. Located at sidewalk and extends back into plaza.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I came in yesterday with my husband and another couple. The restaurant was full however we were seated promptly in a booth. We were greeted by a lovely server who was not only extremely personable but knowledgeable as well! We ordered salads to start and my husband ordered a soup! Delightful! I ordered the shrimp and scallops but opted for a fettuccine instead instead of the polenta. The other entrees were a Gorgonzola pasta, lamb shank and a steak. Everything was delicious, especially the lamb which we all tried. The service was attentive and my husband who is rather witty, loved how the server was very personable and enjoyed his demeanor. It made for a truly wonderful night out. Upon reading previous reviews, I'm not sure if those diners were in the same restaurant as I was. Can't wait to come back soon and thank you for making our night memorable!

1  Thank JoannaTzar