“good service & food”

Ranked #38 of 61 Restaurants in Ancaster
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Our famous fajitas are served up fresh - from the warm flour tortillas to the guacamole and the salsa. Wood fire grilled AAA steaks and smokehouse ribs are all prepared in the barbecue pit. Lone Star guarantees great food, warm southern hospitality, and a good time. We are Canada's only authentic Texas restaurant - the real deal...TEXAS to the BONE!
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“good service & food”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We have eaten at this place a number of times and the one thing that always impresses my wife is the amiable friendly staff, and banter with customers. Of course if the food was crap we wouldn't have gone more than once, but instead, my wife says that they're one of the few places that can cook her steak exactly the way she wants it They don't feel or act like it's an imposition when she specifies exactly how she wants it - it falls somewhere between 2 of the major choices).I have always ordered the fajitas and except for the fact the hot sauces aren't hot enough for me, the fajitas taste great.

• Visited September 2013

Shanghai, China
“Worth every penny”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My family and I have been coming to Lone Star for a few years now. Whenever I come back home, we always come here. The service is always spot-on, our waiter was always checking on us. The meals are just so large! You will have leftovers to take home. It is a bit pricy, compared to some other family restaurants, but it beats any other restaurant in the area.
fajitas...need I say more?

Innisfil, Canada
“how do restaurants run out of baked potatoes at 5:00pm on a saturday.”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

my wife and i ordered a steak and a baked potato with the works .5 minutes later the young night manager came to tell us they did not have any baked potatoes,so we had fries.this is the first time we have been out for dinner anywhere where they did not have any potatoes.pathetic if you ask me.still the food is good.

1 Thank csinclair63
Brantford, Canada
“A very special restaurant!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We have NEVER been disappointed with a visit to The Lone Star Texas Grill in Ancaster, (Hamilton) We always go for lunch and usually order off of the lunch menu but there are wonderful specials to choose from every day. The food is terrific but if you can't eat anything that is included in your choice...THEY WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE SUBSTITUTIONS! Wow! now that doesn't always happen! The staff is warm, friendly and very, very attentive. ("Our thanks to Moonshine," our wonderful server!) Everyone appears to love their jobs and this attitude, plus great food, makes for a very positive experience for their customers. I have read very scathing reviews of this restaurant and sincerely hope that the Manager has made changes any that are appropriate. Unfortunately, a couple of bad apples.......? All I can say is WE LOVED IT!

1 Thank Linda O
Caledonia, Canada
“Racism is alive at Lonestar”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My kids went there with their friends. It took about 15 minutes and finally someone acknowledged them. There were 7 of them so they had to wait for seating which is understandable. However a group of 7 came in and we're seated almost immediately. The manager made up all kinds of excuses and after an hour and a half the kids ended up leaving(they had their little brothers and sisters with them because they were celebrating a birthday). I was so pissed off that I went there the next day to complain at about 3pm so they weren't busy. Guess what?! I was ignored for about 15 minutes! The waitresses all looked my way and passed by me but no one even batted and eye. When one of them decided I was worth their time she came over and I asked to speak with the manager-more excuses. Ancaster-don't go there. Disgusting. A full complaint is filed.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Nezzie2014
Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Hi Nezzie2014, Thank you for your feedback. We are looking into this situation and take your complaint very seriously.