“The Perfect Escape!”

Dining options: Reservations
Hamilton, Canada
“The Perfect Escape!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

India Village is definitely one of my favourite Indian Restaurants. If you're looking for top quality Indian cuisine - you should definitely check it out!

The restaurant is cozy and clean. The atmosphere is relaxing and the staff are always kind and caring.

I have been to India Village a few times with my girlfriend and the nicest woman is always there to greet us. It's nice when someone remembers you (even after just one visit) and is grateful for your business!

India Village is truly a hidden gem that I recommend you try!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Paul M

• Arabic first
Port Dover, Ontario
“Expertly prepared Indian food in a friendly, clean envirnoment”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We often go to the Costco in Ancaster, and have typically driven some distance to avoid the limited, big chain food which is all that's available thereabouts. Well thank you Trip Advisor because I finally thought to use the map function to find alternatives nearby. That's how I discovered the little gem which is Indian Village, nearby on Wilson Street. We love good Indian food, and are always looking for the places that are better than sauces out of a jar, and heater trays. Buffets are fun sometimes but we would much rather eat at a place that takes it to a higher level. India Village is such a place.

It's not fancy. Situated at the back of a strip mall it is quite small and plain. However, it is very clean and comfortable and has a friendly, family feel which is far more to our liking. I didn't get the hostess/owners name because I grabbed a business card on the way out which turned out not to be hers, but she was friendly, informative, and open which is great when you are trying to learn more about a food culture. We were four, and she advised us when asked on a balanced, varied and delicious meal. There are many entry's for vegetarian or vegan. It also explains the various curry's and along with the curry type, you choose one of the same four options as the main - chicken, lamb, beef, or shrimp. We suggested Lamb Tikka Masala, and she was good enough to offer that Tikka Masala was not a typical combination with Lamb, so we ordered the chicken instead and it was fantastic. They blend all their own spices and prepare your food when ordered so it is super fresh, with beautifully balanced flavours. When we said that we were not terribly hungry she even advised that with the naan (which is absolute heaven), an appetizer of Onion Bhaji (the best I've had),rice, and two main dishes we would probably have enough. She was right. It was perfect
Someone below complained about the wait. I can imagine that at a busy time you may have to wait because they do cook on order and to a high standard. Be patient, as that is the trade off you make if you want the best. We went in about 8 on a Tuesday night and although busy, we had our appetizer right away, and everything else on cue.

The food is excellent. I'm not an expert, but I'd say it's way above average. It's clean and pleasant, and the people are particularly warm, welcoming, and if you wish to know are willing to educate you about what is obviously their passion. An absolute gem. I can't wait to go back. They also do take out, and even weekly cooking classes. I'm tempted.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank fillorino
Hamilton, Canada
“Good Food Good Service”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Just finished another great meal - take out from India Village this time. Best Onion Bhaji's ever. Great vindaloo and I am addicted to the Matar paneer. Service and food is consistently good. Appreciate that seasoning and heat is "to order". Portions are generous and the prices are reasonable. Have had many meals - dining in and take out - and have enjoyed every one.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank samtravel1277
Canning, Canada
“real north Indian food in southern Ontario”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I visited first week of June 2012: Excellent food, spiced exactly to my taste; good service and real Indian food (not the shopping mall imitation), priced very reasonably.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Theorbo
Ancaster
“Good food”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is a good introduction to Indian food, the staff will explain everything to you, the chef will spice the food accordingly to your heat tolerance. Everything tastes great. the staff are amazing

Visited June 2012