“truly the best”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Went there with family for lunch June 9, 2012. Had soup, samosas, naan bread. From what little I had, I would say it was the best, the tastiest, Indian food I have ever experienced in any city I have been to. I had the lentil soup. Not your average lentil soup. Had peas, green beans, cauliflower in it too and was so beautifully spiced. Vegetable samosas were very good too. The naan bread was the best I have ever tasted, light, puffy and flavorful. The service was excellent. The prices reasonable. I would travel to Ancaster again just to eat here. Everyone in my party of 5 was amazed at the quality of food and it was very authentic. Great music was playing too.

2  Thank margie1962

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I love Indian food and have ate quite a bit of it over the years in different places. Since getting back to Hamilton I tried to find a place that was reasonable and had good food. I found this place randomly and generally have a great time. The food is delicious, I generally have garlic naan, chicken tikka masala, rice and then dessert. The hostess who has moved to setting up the Dundas location always knew my name and my order. I've only had a issue twice where because they were a lot smaller they did fill up quickly and would try to take our plates away before we were truly finished eating in a way to push us out the door to make room for others. Since when we do eat here we do spend quite a bit of money and we eat there often it did annoy us quite a bit. In the Ancaster location they have expanded into another room making more seating and it's seemed to ease off a bit since then. I would recommend this place but be careful of eating around the dinner rush since they may try to move you out quicker then you would like.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

The hostess was very friendly, the server was polite. The food was authentic and didn't seem to be "Americanized". The portions were excellent. Overall, a really delicious meal and good experience!

Reviewed February 25, 2012

The food was decent but the service was HORRIBLE! My partner and I had to wait for half an hour to get seated, which is fine, but then we weren't given any service for another half an hour - not even beverages! We had a reservation. Tables that had come in after us were getting served before us. And then, when I confronted the waitress about it, she had the nerve to give excuses! We won't be going back.

5  Thank KJ300052
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Inauspicious location at the back of a strip mall. It is tiny but the food is excellent, freshly prepared in an immaculate kitchen. There is a broad assortment of choice over the Indian food spectrum. Service always good.