“Great Place!!!”
Review of Ridgemoor B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ancaster
Ridgemoor B&B
Ranked #2 of 5 Ancaster B&B and Inns
“Great Place!!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

My husband and I booked a hotel for our recent Hamilton trip, and last-minute decided to add an extra day. The hotel didn't have any rooms available so we booked a night at Ridgemoor, which ended up being the BEST decision. Not only was Bill's beautiful home situated on an amazing piece of wooded property, the hospitatily was outstanding! Bill's a really great conversationalist, not to mention a great cook :) Needless to say, we regretted having to spend our remaining two nights in a hotel. Definitely book if you're looking for a great, meaningful home away from home! Thanks, Bill!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thanks for this prompt review. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Do hope your mission was successful. Good luck with your new job/research , it sounds exciting.

cheers, Bill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at Ridgemoor B&B during July because we were attending a friends wedding at a local golf course.

We were very happy with everything about the stay. The overall bed and breakfast was very welcoming. Our room was neat, clean, and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast the next day was generous and delicious, with eggs, bacon, a huge bowl of fruit, and rounded off with jam and malt bread made at Ridgemoor.

Bill was a great host. He joined us for some conversation during breakfast and he had a lot of interesting things to say about the surrounding Ancaster area and life in general.

If your travels bring you close to Ridgemoor, I highly recommend it. I would return again if I was in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thanks for this review. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit here. Breakfasts here are not fancy but are healthy and balanced. Eating honey from Zenon's hives in the front field and maple syrup from the trees in the woodlot is quite unique.There's a mother and 4 ducklings in the front pond. They are proficient divers and I think they are hooded mergansers. cheers, Bill
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed at Ridgemoor for a night after a wedding in Stoney Creek. We had the whole place to ourselves and enjoyed it tremendously. The hot tub was very nice. The food was good and the rooms were spacious.

• Stayed June 2014
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review Ridgemoor B&B. The pool and hottub have been getting a lot of use. Glad you enjoyed your stay here and if you are in the area again we'd be glad to host you again. cheers, Bill
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We rented a room at the Ridgemoor on the weekend of our wedding in Ancaster. The house and the surroundings were gorgeous! Everything was nice and clean, and quiet. Bill was a gracious host, and breakfasts and the company were outstanding. I'm hoping we have a another weekend in Ancaster!
Jonny

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thanks for this review. I'm glad you were happy with your stay. Good luck with the next stage of your vocations. You have each other to lean on and a beautiful location to follow your dream.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I needed a place to stay in Ancaster for a wedding at the golf course. It turned out to be a lovely B and B on a beautiful property only a 15 minute walk to the golf course! I stayed in the VOP room. Very spacious with comfortable beds. Great breakfast and lots of good stories from the owner Bill. Would definitely stay again if I was in the area!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thanks for this review. We certainly are handy to Knollwood and you get full marks for walking up the laneway at midnite. Try it alone with no moonlite, coyotes howling and after watching a scary movie.Hot tub and pool working great.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Mission, Canada
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We needed a place to stay near Ancaster, and found Ridgemoor, itself a place worth visiting. The owner is a warm host committed to the comfort of his guests, with whom he shares his wonderful country home built in an exquisite natural setting that he has stewarded for over thirty years.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thanks for this review.I hope the rest of your holiday was enjoyable and the flight home uneventful. Hummingbirds have returned in force and the honeysuckle is getting a lot of attention.Our guests used the hot tub last W/E and the pool is 71F so the brave of heart will be in it soon as well.

It was a pleasure meeting you both and I enjoyed the breakfast conversation..

wishing you all the best. cheers, Bill
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night here while traveling in the area on business. Bill was very welcoming and made sure I immediately felt at home. I stayed in the BYS room which was very spacious with a comfortable bed and windows overlooking the forest. The bathroom was just across the hall and was spotless. I also had access to an office area with a desk which was nice as I was able to do a little work. On the main floor, there was a living room with TV and satellite service which I was able to use (a blessing as it saved me from trying to find a bar to watch the hockey game). Breakfast was terrific (eggs, ham, toast and fresh fruit). Local honey and maple syrup from the property to top it off! As I was the only guest that night, I appreciated Bill joining me for a lovely breakfast chat. The drive up to the house alone was beautiful. I didn't have a chance to explore the property but it looked like a nature lover's paradise. All in all, I couldn't have asked for better!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thanks a lot for posting a review and so soon after your stay. Too bad about game 6 but they did a lot better than the maple loafs (my team). All the leaves have unfurled and the woodlot is as green as it ever gets. Your job is an important one and the students deserve to learn that their choices about the environment are important.

cheers, Bill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ancaster
The Barracks Inn
#1 of 2 in Ancaster
Courtyard Hamilton
#7 of 20 in Hamilton
Downtown Hamilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton Ontario
Admiral Inn Hamilton
#8 of 20 in Hamilton

Been to Ridgemoor B&B? Share your experiences!