“Nice track for an informal round”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ranked #102 of 238 Restaurants in Ajax
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Well groomed, several options with different levels of difficulty and price. Poorly Marshalled - takes WAY TOO LONG to get a round....usually around 5 hours. Well located and accommodating to all

1  Thank yachti

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have only been there once for a wedding reception.

Lovely facilities and great staff made our evening very enjoyable.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Some friends got married recently at the Deer Creek facility. The wedding was outside at their gazebo and it was decorated beautifully. It was a hot day out, but they had put out water bottles on ice for all the guests to keep cool.

They had a cocktail reception in their lovely facility, and again the decor was lovely. If that was all I had to judge on, I would give it 5 stars.

However, we ate the food- and that was not lovely at all. For the price I know my friends paid, it was atrocious. It was a 4 course dinner- soup, salad, entree, dessert.

The soup- a chicken vegetable in a tomato broth was way too spicy (even my husband who loves spice agreed). Further, it was so greasy you could see the grease floating around on top.

The salad- was a basic mixed green salad, but I did enjoy it.

The entree- terrible. We had 3 options- fish, chicken or beef. I chose the beef, and it was so cold the gravy had turned into a thick congealed mess on the top, the veggies were cold and the mashed potatoes had no flavor. The beef was incredible tough and marbled with fat and gristle. Friends who had the fish said the salmon was very fishy and old tasting. Friends with the chicken said it was overcooked and very dried out. Everyone's food came cold.

Dessert- was a brownie with ice cream on top- it was fine.

I don't know why dinner was so cold- it was a wedding with about 175 guests, but I've been to weddings at golf clubs with more people than that and the food came out hot and delicious. I know my friends were terribly disappointed with the meal, and I'd recommend that anyone looking at booking with Deer Creek look elsewhere.

5  Thank Palmtreelover10
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our banquet facility. We take great pride in providing exemplary service and food to all of our guests. We are very surprised with your experience as during that evening, several other guests commented how pleased they were with our food quality and service.

We take all feedback very seriously and would like the opportunity to discuss your experience in more detail. Would you please take the time to contact me directly at 905.427.7737 ext 248 at your earliest convenience?

We are listening and continue to strive to exceed the expectations of all our guests.

Robert Ashe,
Director of Food & Beverage

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Attended an outdoor wedding and also held the reception here. The grounds are really well maintained, perfect for the occaison. The reception hall wa very accommodating and the food was great! Hot and very well presented.
Overall experience was very good!

3  Thank dolingv
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback about the recent wedding you attended. We value this input as we are consistently striving to exceed the expectations of all of our guests.

Thank you again. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Robert Ashe