“Every dish is fantastic”

Mazza Garden Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 227 Restaurants in Ajax
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We live in Ajax not too far from this gem at Bayly and Westney Rd and have visited Mazza quite a few times since they opened. We usually order several appetizers and a main course or 2 to share between 4 of us. We have never been disappointed, from the humble hummus, the beautiful baba ganoush and tabbouleh to the succulent chicken, kebabs, seafood platter and fish. The food is cooked to perfection and the sea bass, either grilled our fried is second to none. Actually, any meat or fish has consistently been incredibly flavourful and moist. The owners are warm and welcome you as old friends. Their generosity often extends to a sampling of their home made pistachio ice cream or a plate of cookies to go with coffee. In the warm weather, the patio is a lovely place to relax and share a shisha (sorry if spelling is not correct) with friends. It is unfortunate that the location makes it difficult to see, so it is up to the faithful to pass the word around. Wouldn't you rather eat at a family owned restaurant where every dish is lovingly prepared than a chain? I would any day of the week. They also do bbq lunches of burgers and such, I haven't been there for lunch but I'm sure it is excellent. The chef really knows his way around a grill!
Please give Mazza a try, and you will find you will be a convert after one meal. It is very reasonably priced and not like anything else you will find in Durham region.

4  Thank Gayle C
There are newer reviews for Mazza Garden Restaurant

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I choose Mazza Garden Restaurant to celebrate my husbands Birthday, My best friends Birthday and mine as well Birthday. We invited a group of people to attend the party.
Upon our arrival Mr. Bassem personally Greated us at the door, and had prepared a beautiful table for us in front of the band.

He personally pulled out a seat for myself, and seated my party as well. I was very impressed with his hospitality and exceptional greeting.

Mr. Bassim automatically asked if we would like to have a drink, and proceeded to place appetizers on the table. To MY SUPRISE !
A Deluxe variety of Middle Eastern Appetizers to simply die for. The presentation of the food made me full just by looking at it.
The food tasted amazing, and our compliments to the chef!

The Entraintment was fantastic a live BAND, a Belly Dancing Show, and a Mistro that knows how to read his Crowd.
Rami did a fantastic Job organizing this event, but it did not stop their at all.

The Band and Mr. Bassem suprised us with a special dessert for our Birthday's and a special show from Christine the Singer and Rami the Mistro.
We were blown away by the level of kindess, hospitality and exceptional treatment of Mr. Bassim.

Indeed it was a night to remember, full of good times, and pleasant suprises.

I would like to Thank again Mr. Bassem for his warm welcome, friendly hospitality, and for keeping the Middle Eastern tradition Alive at it's form.

If you are ever in the Ajax area, I strongly recommed that you check out Mazza Gardens.

5  Thank carole13160
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We've been there two times within a period of 50 days, Mediterranean mazza plates (entrees) are almost the same taste even better in the second visit, taste is real Mediterranean, rich, delicious,
well done. Main courses are not different from entrees, and at the end you have to try their ice cream. It is better than the original Pistachio hand made ice cream.
Service is very good, owners them selves serve you if it got crowded.
If you like Mediterranean food you will not be disappointed if you go to Mazza Garden Restaurant..

3  Thank HAENGMEM2012
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Whatever I'm gonna complement the food, it won't give it what it deserves!!
An amazing taste that I've never had in any medeternian restaurant in the GTA!!!
The quality is extremely high which makes the taste amazing, and the chef has such a greate experience in the Middle East cuisin!
The owner goes to every table to make sure that everything is ok!
The shisha was good for the legal herbal permitted by the government (indoor).
The program at night is lovely. Singing, n
Belly dancing an DJ. Plus a very nice patio outside!
I'm in love with this place and I definitely recommend it for any middle eastern food craver :)

4  Thank Neomaxmaya
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Just came back from our first visit to Mazza garden and really enjoyed it. So hard to find kafta anymore. Very tasty. Will be back.

4  Thank cindylg1