“Great spot for lunch”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Ajax, Canada
“Great spot for lunch”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I dropped in while I was checking out my new neighbourhood. I decided to enjoy a nice "adult beverage" and a soup/sandwich combo. The waitress was very friendly and the beer was cold. The food was very good, and I considered a good value for a lunch combo. My only complaint was that I sat inside on a warm day so I could avoid cigarette smoke, but the windows were wide open and the smell of smoke drifted in from outside. I wouldn't mind if people smoked, as long as they didn't exhale within 500 metres of where I am. I would definitely go back, but likely in winter when the windows are closed.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Kevvie_G

Ajax, Canada
“@ work”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The new owner need to work on cleaning up the place. The setup is not right for that place. When they have bands/shows there, it is hard to enjoy because you cant see. The staff should have a dress code for work and more customer service skills.
The food is good most of the time. The have been times when the pasta was over cook, or the food has no flavor to it. Some time no one wellcome you in or come to your table for over 10mins. Yes that right, you can sit anywhere you want if no one is sitting there. If the owner works on a good menu he draw more people in.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Joy M
Ajax, Ontario
“Very good Bistro, Friendly Service, Excellent Value”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

3 of us went to Xeno's for a friend's Birthday this past Saturday. We were greeted by the friendly staff to grab a seat where we wanted. We ordered appetizers, the warm artichoke dip is a large and great value for sharing. Wine by the glass is around $6.00, our entree were very good, highly recommend the hot sandwiches. There was live entertainment a couple that played various retro hits, were very good.

We found some of the recent negative reviews not true. The service was great and friendly, yes the bathrooms need to be renovated. The service was very good, and the food for the value was excellent. I highly recommend Xeno's !

• Visited November 2012
Ajax
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Customer Service”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I can't even begin to rate the food, because we didn't even get a chance to sit down and eat.

We wanted to go there on Friday to celebrate a family occasion. We were interested in just getting quick appetizers and maybe drinks. It was around 9:00 pm when we walked in and the place was half full. We waited by the door for the waitress to come and seat us. She was obviously busy with giving the bill to a customer who was leaving. The customer on his way out asked her what time they close tonight. She loudly said "SOON I HOPE" while glaring in our direction. She then ran off into the kitchen and there was no one to seat us. We uncomfortably waited for about 5 minutes before heading across the road to the Portly Piper.

Now, I'm not exactly sure what kind of restaurant expects to be closed at 9:00 pm on a Friday night...but clearly the staff there, or at least the waitress was not impressed with receiving any more customers. Needless to say we will not be returning there anytime soon.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank ldcleary
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WORST EXPERIENCE IN A RESTAURANT EVER”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We chose Xeno's for dinner one night because a friend of mine bought one of those coupon booklets that offer great deals. This was a coupon booklet exclusively for Xeno's that she bought from work with the intent to go there because it was in town (it wasn't cheap either). It was 3 couples and when we got there it was dead inside. Our coupon stated simply that the total food bill would be 50% percent off, no specifications of appetizer or meals or pricing, no expirary date, but it did indicate that it was only for food and not booze. COOL, good deal right? Well that's why she bought the coupon booklet and asked us to join her for dinner. When we got there we informed the waitress of the coupon; we thought this was the polite thing to do. And because we had the coupon we decided to go to town ordering lots of apps and larger dinners etc. except.... when we ordered the appetizers they didn't have 3 or our 4 choices and we had to chose other things,(big bummer #1). And although the coupon wasnt for booze we figured we were saving money on food so why not get lots of drinks too, so my friend and I ordered 2 Stella's. If you are a beer drinker, you understand that when you order a Stella it better come in a Stella glass, NOPE not this one (big bummer #2) the waitress brought our Stella's over in Coors light glasses and when I asked why she said she didn't have any Stella glass, WHAT?!! lol who doesn't have Stella glasses. Well turns out it was a lie because I watched her bring another customer a Stella glass not 10 minutes later (big bummer #3) So we finish our food, which was SUB PAR at best (big bummer #4), better off going to Portly across the street!!!!

So now, its time to pay the bill. The waitress brings us the bill and its wrong. We look at it and she didn't apply the coupon to all the food so we send it back. She returns with the manager who first tells us the coupon only applies to appetizers..... Now let me get something straight here, these two people are trying to argue with 6 well-educated, strong willed, mature adults. We calmly explain to him that that is not what the coupon says and we would like it honored. So he goes to fix it, brings it back and its still wrong, So AGAIN we explain why its wrong this time and he argues with us that we cant order appetizers and meals and we ordered meals that were too expensive, and again we explain to him that nowhere does the coupon say that. Then he tries to argue with us that those coupons were sent out before he bought the place and that's why he won't honor it, and it goes on like this for awhile, different excuses each time. So instead of talking to us calming to reach a solution this man (if you can call him that) gets into my friend's face and starts yelling at her making a scene and rips the bill out of her hand!!!!!! Well that sets off the rest of us, defensive mode if you will, and I personally lay into him and it ends with him telling us to leave and not bother paying at all, which was completely acceptable to us at that point for the worst restaurant experience of my life.

I also work at an office which occasionally sells those coupon books, and long and behold, 3 months later and he was still selling them. It was just a pathetic excuse of a restaurant, the service was horrible, they didn't have half the things on the menu, the food was sup-par (lets put it this way, I would have been PISSED if I had to pay full price for it) and the owner was beyond rude.

• Visited February 2012