“Last visit WAS my last!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Makimono

Makimono
Reserve with OpenTable
Makimono is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 219 Restaurants in Ajax
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Toronto, ON
“Last visit WAS my last!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

When they first opened, I was impressed with their level of service and food. I went several times over a period of a few months, and I noticed that everything was steadily declining. The last time I went, the seating was dirty, the table sticky and the sushi so badly prepared it wa difficult to eat. Sorry...I've seen much better places.

3 Thank dolingv

Oshawa, Canada
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

This place is great, but if you have a food alergy i might stay away because they never got it right for me, ask for no sauce they bring the sauce, say no this, and they bring it.

2 Thank helicrazed
Toronto
“Love it.........”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

Love the all you can eat for $20. We go often and go "hard". I love the idea that my kids can eat and try different things.

Visited December 2011
Toronto, Canada
“Good food ..poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

I like to go here for lunch and enjoy the luncheon specials. You have to be careful when ordering as sometimes with the staff there is a communication problem and you get the wrong order . The food is fresh. It takes several time of asking to get your bill.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank traveller666
Pickering, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food horrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

i have been going to the Makimono in pickering for the past couple years and once the Ajax one went All You Can Eat i decided to try it out, for the first while it was really good food and really good service i was going once a week for a few months and noticed the service was getting worse every time i would order they would bring me the wrong order and it was the same wrong order which baffled me but not only that it started taking 45 minutes to bring out 2 dishes and it wasn't me that noticed this the couple sitting beside us had the same complaints, never will i ever go to this one again ill stick with my newly renovated pickering one which their service has gotten better to how it used to be and is a much bigger place.

• 1 of 5 bubbles