“Much better than our last visit”
Review of Imperial Buffet

Imperial Buffet
Ranked #152 of 225 Restaurants in Ajax
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Whitby, Canada
“Much better than our last visit”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was hesitant to go there again, as each visit seems to get worse. This time a friend wanted to go there for his birthday, so we went. We arrived just after 5PM (when dinner starts). It was a Monday night and the restaurant was nearly empty. Not sure if the bad weather had anything to do with it. As for the food, everything that I had was prepared to perfection. The sushi that was cold and hard last time was perfect. I won't embarrass myself by telling you how many times I went up for sushi. The other food that I had, again I won't mention everything (clam chowder, bok choy, broccoli, chicken wings) were great. The fruit (pineapple, cantaloupe, melon) that I had for dessert was a bit tasteless, but considering the rest, the overall meal was good. Plates were cleared as soon as we left the table, and drinks were served as quickly as we needed. We will definitely return.

• Visited January 2013

Toronto
“It's Your Birthday!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I don't frequent buffets. But, I just can't help myself some nights when I get that craving.

The staff are friendly, it's clean and there has always been a plentiful selection of hot and cold foods when I've been there. It's even free on your birthday! Come on.... Where else can you get (no-so-authentic) Chinese and Japanese delights AND prime rib with mashed potatoes in the same place? I have to say, I'm a sucker for the prime rib which has always been done exactly how I like it and the mashed potatoes are always dreamy.

I always start with a selection from their seafood section, then move on to the prime rib and finally a few asian-style items. the dessert area is nothing to sneer at either. There is a huge selection of cream pies, pastries, fruit and ice cream to choose from.

It's a fun place for families and it's fun on your birthday. It's just one of those guilty pleasures.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank PrincessZeltron
Ajax, Canada
“Excellent Value for Great Chinese Food!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I have eaten here countless times because we can always expect excellent value and an extensive variety of well prepared, tasty food selections at this buffet. Their coupons enhance our experience as we enjoy the same meal at considerable less cost! Their sushi bar is the best I've seen in any buffet! An overall enjoyable worthwhile dining experience!

• Visited May 2012
Ajax
“A ways good”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have been to this location, 4 or 5 times and it has been great every time. I try and do lunch it's the best value for the buck.

Visited June 2012
Ajax, Canada
“Great selection and food quality”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This place isn't cheap, but there is a good variety of food and it is well-prepared. My only complaint is that the lobster is broken and covered in a tasty, but messy, sauce. With no crackers, it is almost impossible to access the actual lobster.

Visited November 2012