“Does not live up to it's potential!”

Casa Verde Ristorante
Ranked #15 of 241 Restaurants in Ajax
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Fine dinning is about the total experience not just the food or the surroundings!

If you read their web site you get the impression of fine dinning in a intimate atmosphere. It was more like eating in a cafeteria!

We were a group of 7 and we were shoehorned into a round table next to the only door to the kitchen, with all it's traffic. A group of 8 or 10 was next to us and it was so tight that the servers could not reach us at the back of the table and the hot plates had to be passed back to us. I even had to work the pepper mill because the server could not reach my plate.

We ordered starters which were very good and well presented. I had the lamb shank which was good but my wife had the veal Marsala which was tender but covered in a tasteless brown sauce.

We were in the first serving at 6 PM and within the first half hour numerous of the specials of the day were already out. Does this sound like they are geared up for a big evening? Also we were a few moments early for our 6PM reservation but they did not have a waiter in yet to cover out table?

It would seem to me that it would be better for the owners to charge more and serve less people so that we could enjoy the fine dinning experience. To survive in business you have to position yourself in the marketplace and you cannot equate fine dinning with the volume of a cafeteria!

They are very lucky to have this location but they need to work on the total experience.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

While it kind of looks a tad like a cottage from the outside, it's got great atmosphere and is very nice on the inside. When it's full, it can get a bit loud but that just tells me the food and drink is good and folks are happy to be there. The food IS good and there a nice selection to choose from. This was the first relatively fancy spot we took our kids and even they could find something yummy.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

we were there for an "office gathering" during Christmas. at first we missed the restaurant and had to go around to come back. They are in an old cottage well organized but could use some TLC inside and outside. the parking in at the back ( not on Kingston road) . The food was fine not memorable in any way but it is an OK restaurant. the drinks were fine. everyone liked what the ate and I think this is what is important.
they are a little slow on the service, but was it because of Christmas and its affluence ?
I did not pay, so I can not say if it was expensive or not but my overall quote would be "average" but still to keep in the list.

1  Thank DNimko
Reviewed November 17, 2012

First time we went there the food was cold so our server gave us a voucher for a free entree next time we visited. We went again recently and after 15 min had to flag someone down to order drinks - no waiter had been assigned to our table! Food is ok but is overpriced. Tables are too close together for privacy. They try to wedge too many people in the place. Won't be going back there.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

The food is reasonable priced and well prepared. The pasta is cooked "al dente" and th seafood is well prepared and very fresh. Excellent service and they are located in an old cottage. Well priced.

2  Thank traveller666