“Take the Bed & Breakfast Package”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ajax
TORONTO
“Take the Bed & Breakfast Package”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Rooms are large and very clean. The Bed & Breakfast package provides a great selection of pastries, hot and cold foods and you can ask for a specialized omelettes to be made.

Staff friendly. Only downside is a very small indoor pool.

Room Tip: Try to have a room not facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Jimmy C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with your recent stay. It is good to hear that you like the products and quality in our hotel. We strive to ensure our team members know how to exceed our guest expectations on each stay. We are happy that you have an enjoyable stay.

Please come back and stay with us again.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
OTTAWA, Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2014

HOTEL rOOMS are great,T.V. are good F/F are great Rooms are clean,Bath room are very clean,Air conditio are good,Rest is nice and service is great,price are fair.F/desk staff are very good.Parking is good,S/poolsgood.Nice place to stay.l

Dear Abdul

I am so happy to hear that you have a great stay with us. We strive to ensure our servcie is exceeded our guest expectation on every guest stay. Your feedback is essential to ensure that we continually improve as an organization. Once again, thank you for chosing us as your first choice of the hotel.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I must tell you that Hampton Inns are usually my hotels of choice. That could be a good, or a bad thing I suppose. But this was the first time I've stayed at a Garden Inn and I was not disappointed.

The staff was VERY friendly, always at the front desk, and went above and beyond to make me feel welcome. I even felt important! But let me break it down for you:

The Room

I have stayed there twice; once with the Jacuzzi upgraded room and one regular king room. I did not use the Jacuzzi tub, which actually is in the sleeping area, though many may think this is a bennie. Otherwise, the rooms were spacious, comfortable, and the decorating was not over the top but nonetheless pleasant. The lamps on the nightstands had outlets in them so you could charge your phones. The desk was big enough to give you room to work but didn't take up a bulk of the room. The lightbulbs were "save some money.....I mean ENERGY" fluorescent ones......I was a bit bugged by the low wattage but otherwise the room was functional.

The bathroom had the normal features, the shower worked well; water pressure was good, water temperature was adjustable, and there were plenty of towels.

The bed, I am told, was a "number bed" that can be adjusted. I had no need to do so and I slept well and in comfort. The room was very quiet and my sleep was GOOD.

The room has a individual Kuerig which I loved. Also has a microwave and refrigerator, though the fridge got loud now and then. But I slept through it anyway.

Free internet and the speed was actually fairly good. I used it for work, VOIP calls, etc.

There is no smoking in the entire hotel so that rocked.

The Lobby/On Site Restaurant & Bar

The lobby flows well and is warm if you stay away from the main door (which is easy to do). The bar was staffed until 10pm or so and was pleasant and also had appetizers out you could grab. There is plenty of space to hang out, work, and eat. The restaurant is "meh". The first time I was there they served mushroom soup and it was GREAT, but otherwise I was not impressed with the dinner offering. Bland and, well.....meh. The service was "okay". Not bad, not amazing. The breakfast could be ordered off a menu of you could do the buffet. Note there is NO "free breakfast". I would recommend going elsewhere to eat.

Location

It is near the freeway, a bit far from the airport but close to where I was heading. Driving distance away are TONS of restaurants in varying levels of cost; The Keg, pizza joints, etc. The roads leading to the hotel, and actually the parking lot itself, was well maintained and clear of snow.

Overall, I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Michael B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Good afternoon

Thank you so much for your such wonderful feed back in regards to your most recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn Ajax. It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed all of the ammenities that the Hiltoh Garden Inn Brand has to offer.

We wish that you had a better experience at our Great North American Grill and want to let you know that we are launching our new menu this month. We hope that we can have you stay with us soon and thank you for sticking with hilton!

Cheers
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My daughter and I enjoyed our stay. The Inn is clean, comfortable, has many rooms to accommodate teams/large groups, easily accessible from the 401, offered a very substantial, tasty buffet breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jimmy C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Valerie

Thank you for the positive feedback with your recent stay. It is so good to hear that you like the products and quality in our hotel. We love to have you back and staying with us again.

Please take care and see you in the near future.

Regards.
Fairport Harbor, United States
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I highly recommend the stay at Ajax Hilton. The staff is extremely nice and friendly. The rooms are spotless and the breakfast could not be better. Its convenient to the 401 for easy access and to many restaurants and shopping. Enjoy!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jimmy C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Jill

Kirkland, Canada
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for 2 nights this weekend. The staff, the rooms, the meals, - all super. I highly recommend this hotel. A lovely spot - convenient to the 401 and close to shopping centres. We will definitely stay here on our next visit to Toronto.

Annabel
Kirkland,QC

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Annabel

Please take care and see you in the near future.

Regards.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 11, 2014

If you stay here have low expectations. It is just a place to sleep, and for that it is fine. Check in staff rude, check in is long. Rooms are overpriced for the quality of the hotel. This does not seem to be up to Hilton standards.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jimmy C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your recent review of our check-in staff and experience and we will use your comments as part of our ongoing customer service training. We know all of our guests deserve the best in hospitality and we hope you will give us another chance to impress should you return to our area in the future.

Jimmy Chan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ajax
Comfort Inn Pickering
#1 of 1 in Pickering
Residence Inn Whitby
#1 of 7 in Whitby
Quality Suites
#2 of 7 in Whitby
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax? Share your experiences!