“Satisfied”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ajax
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Went to Ajax for a wedding with reception at the Ajax Convention Center (across the parking lot). Accommodation was good - not great and not bad. The wedding was at 3pm in Oshawa but couldn't get in the room until then. They do offer a 24 hour pantry with snacks and refreshments but you do have to pay. There is no continental breakfast.
They do have a microwave and fridge in the room though. The desk was very helpful in giving directions to churches - they were quite knowledgeable.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
khobson, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your friend or families wedding. Also thank you for taking the time to write a review on your current stay. We appreciate the feedback and will take action on any concern. With regards to the check-in time you mentioned. Our regular check-in time is 3:00 PM. We do everything in our power to accommodate all early check-in requests however sometimes we are not able to offer this due to late checkouts with other guests, Group blocks who want to stay on the same floor and much more. We never guarantee an early check-in because of these unknown factors.

I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax in the near future. I will also pass on your great comments about our helpful front desk staff.

Director of Sales

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Although the rooms were clean, the hotel staff seemed a little stuffy. I had one morning where i was running late and wanted to get a danish and one of the staff rushed me and asked me if i would like to pay for that? i told her to put it on my room..she told me you have to wait until i get time to do it. I put it back. My company spent almost 1k for me to stay there and she was worried about 1 little danish. Also there food was not very good. I don't think Canadians like Americans?

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and we appreciate all constructive feedback. Our restaurant does have Danishes, muffin ect. for purchase and our policy it that it needs to be signed on a bill to the room in order to sell these items. We also have a pantry available for quick items which you can purchase from our front desk if you are in a hurry.

I assure you we do like Americans and appreciate your business and the business we get from our American companies. I am confident that this was an isolated incident and in the future it will be handled to your satisfactory. We would love to welcome you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax and should you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Director of Sales

Reviewed September 8, 2011

My wife and I attended a wedding at the Ajax Convention centre where the Garden Inn is literally 50 feet away. There was nothing negative I could say about the hotel. New, Clean, staff very friendly, comfortable and had pretty much every amenity you could think of. A must stay if your in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on our last day of vacation. We needed a good night sleep and we appreciated the comfort of the room, the cleanliness and class of the hotel in general. Nice pool too. Would have been nice to have free breakfast included but could'nt really complain about it since we payed a really fair price for the room. I recommend this place to anyone who has to stop by near Toronto.

• Stayed: August 2011
khobson, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Thank you for your great review! We hope to welcome you back in the very near future.
Director of Sales.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Unprofessional staff and management I checked into this property late at night. I was not welcomed as a Hilton Rewards member and front desk staff were unattentive and lacked customer service skills. One hour after I had checked-in I came down to the lobby only to discover the staff having a bash session about guests staying in the hotel. More specifically they were gossiping, making discriminatory comments and laughing about me having just checked-in to the property. This was being discussed openly in the lobby with
another guest. I was appalled as to the maturity level of the staff and informed them that this was also in violation of my rights under The Privacy Act. I asked for my money back and checked-out after only one hour! The following morning I contacted the GM, Jimmy, and he informed me that I was making all this up despite the fact I informed him I had proof of such. He yelled at me repeatedly and told me I was no longer welcome on the property and was not to return. Not to worry...I have no intention of ever returning to a hotel that discriminates against me and violates my rights!!

• Stayed: August 2011
5  Thank FridaKa
khobson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

The Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax takes pride in our professional staff that goes above and beyond for our guests. We assure you that any talk about any guests at our front desk would be business related and specific to the job at hand. We treat all of our guests fairly and with respect and expect the same in return. Any objection about our hotel is dealt with promptly to resolve the issue and make the guests stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Any major concerns such as this one are investigated and dealt with appropriately especially if they are unreasonable or fabricated to obtain free items from the hotel. I assure you that we have done our due diligence to address this issue.
Jimmy Chan

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Very nice place to stay. One downfall are the beds. Very firm despite the ability to adjust the comfort level by turning a little dial on the side of the bed. For me and two others traveling with me, the dials did not seem to have any effect on the beds. Was a bit too firm for me. Otherwise a great hotel, friendly staff and decent, but rather expensive breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 6, 2011

-It is located right off the 401
-Has stores, pharmacy and chain resturants near by
-Very Clean
-Polite Staff
-Indoor Hot Tub and Pool
-Looks brand new
-Right across from the convention center

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ajax
Homewood Suites By Hilton Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Holiday Inn Express Whitby Oshawa
Residence Inn Whitby
Residence Inn Whitby
#1 of 7 in Whitby

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax? Share your experiences!