“Unprofessional rude staff and management”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ajax
everywhere
“Unprofessional rude staff and management”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Unprofessional staff and management I checked into this property late at night. I was not welcomed as a Hilton Rewards member and front desk staff were unattentive and lacked customer service skills. One hour after I had checked-in I came down to the lobby only to discover the staff having a bash session about guests staying in the hotel. More specifically they were gossiping, making discriminatory comments and laughing about me having just checked-in to the property. This was being discussed openly in the lobby with
another guest. I was appalled as to the maturity level of the staff and informed them that this was also in violation of my rights under The Privacy Act. I asked for my money back and checked-out after only one hour! The following morning I contacted the GM, Jimmy, and he informed me that I was making all this up despite the fact I informed him I had proof of such. He yelled at me repeatedly and told me I was no longer welcome on the property and was not to return. Not to worry...I have no intention of ever returning to a hotel that discriminates against me and violates my rights!!

• Stayed August 2011
5 Thank FridaKa
khobson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
The Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax takes pride in our professional staff that goes above and beyond for our guests. We assure you that any talk about any guests at our front desk would be business related and specific to the job at hand. We treat all of our guests fairly and with respect and expect the same in return. Any objection about our hotel is dealt with promptly to resolve the issue and make the guests stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Any major concerns such as this one are investigated and dealt with appropriately especially if they are unreasonable or fabricated to obtain free items from the hotel. I assure you that we have done our due diligence to address this issue.
Jimmy Chan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Very nice place to stay. One downfall are the beds. Very firm despite the ability to adjust the comfort level by turning a little dial on the side of the bed. For me and two others traveling with me, the dials did not seem to have any effect on the beds. Was a bit too firm for me. Otherwise a great hotel, friendly staff and decent, but rather expensive breakfast.

• Stayed July 2011
Westchester,ny
Reviewed July 6, 2011

-It is located right off the 401
-Has stores, pharmacy and chain resturants near by
-Very Clean
-Polite Staff
-Indoor Hot Tub and Pool
-Looks brand new
-Right across from the convention center

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Eagle Pass, Texas
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel off and on for the last year and it has had it's ups and downs but nothing worth talking about until now... During the winter months the hotel can handle the weekend traffic but when they are booked the wait and kitchen staff can not handle the volume.

They were right, they are booked. That means you can not get a knife after waiting for 30 minutes. When you pay $13.00 for a buffet breakfast I would expect some kind of service. They were not prepared in the kitchen (no eggs, no bacon, most of the continental part not restocked). I ended up walking out leaving my eggs and waffle ...on the table because I could not get a knife(someone had taken mone from another table). After asking the waitress helped another table, set up their silverware, bussed another table and never gave me a second look (food was cold so I left). I am a diamond member with Hilton and I expect better service then this. Also, one of the elevators is broken (try to get a lower level floor) and your key card does not work on the outside doors. They know about it but they blame the guy you can't see!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
khobson, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and to give us the opportunity to review our service with you. We appreciate the feedback and will be discussing with our team how we can better serve our guests during our busy times. I have left a voice message this morning in your room to discuss the issues you encountered so that we can speak personally.

Warmest Regards,

Keri-Ann Hobson
Director of Sales at the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax
new york
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I have to say that my family and I came from a hotel in Toronto Downtown - so approaching this hotel was a little disappointing for them because it's kind of off a highway - but the reason we changed hotels is to be closer to a high school that my son who's school is from New York, NY was playing rugby against - so we chose to stay here. By the time my kids were checked in and comfortable they were thrilled to be here. Not only are the people just unbelievable - the wifi the flat screen TV and the comfort of the rooms were too perfect. The mattress is brand new where you can change the setting if you like it hard or soft. Even the computer chairs were so comfortable that we fought to sit in it at times. Very clean and very nice staff - couldn't ask for more - and the B&B package was well worth it - kids eat free and adults pay 6 bucks if paying package or 12 if buying when arriving to breakfast. Well worth it - great stay!!! Thanks to everyone in this hotel - its run above and beyond and thats what will make this a memorable stay

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank amtrak
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed our stay here for our anniversary. The room was clean and comfortable and we had a relaxing time. The only thing I didn't like was paying full price for a room because we couldn't find any deals on Hotwire or anywhere else.

Chris Holt
Durham Region Reviews
DurhamRegionReviews.ca

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2011

My stay: 3 weeks and a half, including 3 weekends
From monday to friday: nice place to stay, good breakfast, nice staff, room service is great, the north american grill restaurant is correct. If you stay in a room at the opposite side of the highway, it is very quiet during the week.

Weekend: in case of event like hockey tournament, it's a very noisy place to stay: kids running everywhere in the stairs, playing with the elevators (so you can't use them anymore), until 00h30 - 1 am; in the evening you can see people getting drunk, having their discussion in the hall, just in front of your door...

About the rooms: comfortable, you have space, Internet for free is very nice
Lots of amenities

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ellendara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ajax
Homewood Suites By Hilton Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Residence Inn Whitby
Residence Inn Whitby
#1 of 7 in Whitby
Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax? Share your experiences!