“Disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pasta Tutti Giorni - CLOSED

Pasta Tutti Giorni
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
aurora
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We have been there 3 times. I have had one pizza & 2 pasta dishes.
Others in our party like the food, but I find it rather tasteless. Pizza crust is like cardboard; others in party agree. The pasta sauces could use a little "zing". Watch out for extra charges like lemon or lime in your drinks.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank willyaurora

Ajax, Canada
“Bad Service, Bad Food, Bad Manners”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I love Italian food. This, however, was something I could cook up in my kitchen. We were a double date, and had never been there before. I, for one, will not go back.

Service-
Practically non-existent. We were seated at 7:15 and received our food an hour later. Our server not only recommended her self-concocted cocktail, but brought 2 refills that our table never ordered! She also pushed us to get an appetizer we didn't want; we had to refuse twice to make sure she didn't bring that too. She then disappeared, only to return to bring me and my friend pizza that was soggy and uncooked in the middle. We had to wait at least 10 minutes before we spotted another waitress who could possibly send her back over to the table for a quality check. She took it back with no problem, though. Then came my free birthday cheesecake...it also took over 10 minutes. In fact, it took twenty because she took forever to come back for the order, let alone bring the actual dessert. She seemed much more concerned with her two, bigger tables than with our lowly party of four. She did not ask me how my dessert was, if she had I'd day "Il Passionato" is a tough, rubbery, bland excuse for a dessert. I wanted coffee bu couldn't stand any more of their "service."

Food-

We all had different types of pizza. The guys, frankly, would eat cardboard with sausage, so they don't count. The other lady and I found the middle doughy and therefore unappetizing. We sent it back to be baked a bit longer and after that it was fine. I had the Prosciutto e Funghi.

Atmosphere-

Quite nice, new and clean. But so noisy! The acoustics in that place are more sports bar than intimate restaurant. And there were no noisy kids to blame for that either.

Value-

The prices are good, not great for the soggy then slightly burnt pizza, but good. Makes it easier to afford a couple glasses of wine with the meal.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Foodie2489
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had a great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

The food was GREAT, the service was also great. Our server was always checking on us to make sure our group of 9 that included 2 babies and a toddler were okay. The restaurant is much bigger than it looks from outside. Very clean and very comfortable. We will for sure be going back again.

Canada
“I Enjoyed my Pasta!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I just went here on Sunday for dinner with my mom and I really liked it. The place is really nice inside, very modern looking. I just ordered the Fettucine Angelini and it was excellent. I also ordered the cheesecake in the phylo pastry which was also tasty. My mom thought the meal was just alright but I love a good home made pasta dish- can't wait to eat my left-overs tonight! We didn't wait long at all for our meals or drinks so not sure what happened to other reviewers.

My only suggestion was that the server didn't seem to know much about the menu items. I asked her if the pasta was home made and she had no idea. It also didnt seem like she had tried many of the menu items either.

Ajax, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Wow! Can't get over some of these reviews! Been here on 3 occasions. All times the food was good and the service was very good. Went on Valentine's day and they had a special menu that was equally as good.

Am I going on the "good" nights, or are some of these reviews overly critical or WRONG? Comments about the ethnicity of the cooks? Really? Come on!

I will continue to visit.

• Visited February 2013