“international cheese selection with local hospitality”

Country Cheese Company
Ranked #5 of 222 Restaurants in Ajax
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Llangollen, United Kingdom
“international cheese selection with local hospitality”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Not only is there high quality cheese and a wide selection, the staff are super-friendly and helpful, giving advice and samples. It is great to have such a fine shop in Ajax.

• Visited December 2013

Ajax, Ontario, Canada
“finally, a specialty cheese shop in Ajax!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was so happy I finally noticed Country Cheese Company and went in last Sunday. The ladies behind the counter were all very friendly and helpful, and were willing to answer any questions I had and let us sample a few of their best sellers.

I agree with some of the other posters that it is pricey, but to be honest, I feel here you get what you pay for. You'll never find this selection at a grocery store, and they are high-end products, and as such are a little pricey.

If you love your cheese and wish to treat yourself to some excellent quality cheeses, go for it! Even a small bit can go a long way! Looking forward to trying a panini next time! Will definitely be going back.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Candice W
Toronto, Canada
“expensive but great”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Very pleasant staff and wonderful cheese choices. A bit goes a long way so choose carefully. There is a blue cheese with red wine and cranberries(I think). I buy a "smidgen" ( $5 - $6 ) and make it go a looooong way. My husband loves it so I have to ration it!!

• Visited November 2013
Whitby, Canada
“Expensive place”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Certainly a good addition to the Durham region. The cheese selection is good and products are fresh. However, prices are excessive. For that reason, I will not be visiting them again. Some products are over $40 /kg more than other places...

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Lucianozab
Toronto, Canada
“A cheese lovers' paradise!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I bought my wife a great cheese platter from here for valentines day that consisted of some chocolate dipped strawberries, a fabulous old cheddar in a heart shaped wax mold and my choice of two other cheeses including a caramelized onion cheese that was just out of this world!!! My wife loved her gift and we will definitely be coming back again and again for our cheese needs :)

• Visited February 2013