“Best butter chicken ever!!!”
Review of Bombay Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bombay Grill
Cuisines: Indian
“Best butter chicken ever!!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I LOVE this place! They make the best butter chicken! I can no longer eat at other Indian restaurants since none that I have tried come even close to Bombay Grill's. You will not be disappointed! The service is quick and friendly and the food is very reasonably priced.

• Visited June 2013

Toronto
“Average Indian Cuisine”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I visited here with some family members a few months ago and the food was good but not extraordinary. The decor is simple and the service was fine.

I have not tried the lunch buffet; only sit down. I tried the butter chicken which I use as a benchmark for many restaurants. It was good but just your average rendition. The Naan and rice were good.

The overall exerience wasn't bad; it just wasn't anything different than what I've had at other restaurants. Not a bad choice in Pickering Village.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank PrincessZeltron
Ajax, Canada
“Excellent quality, especially for a buffet. Tasty value!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have been here once before and the Bombay Grill is definitely consistent, mostly in a good way. The food is uniformly flavourful and the service is very attentive. There was some sort of chutney that was horrid, but I'm sure some people like that caper-like flavour, so it's not a criticism of the quality. The daal and the chana were excellent, as are all the curries. Hot fresh naan is brought to your table, which is nice. I enjoyed almost everything, but the high points are the tandoori chicken and the kheer (Indian rice pudding with cardamom). My water was constantly refilled and the atmosphere was a mix of upscale and relaxed. It's a good thing I usually work on weekdays.

• Visited January 2013
Ajax, Canada
“Lunch buffet - delicious, reasonable value”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I had a taste for Indian food that day. Several friends had said that I should check out Bombay Grill. When I asked about a "lunch for one" to take to the office, the host offered the buffet for $9.99. I was given a good-sized styrofoam container for entrée dishes, and a small one to put dessert (gulab jamun) in. I passed on the green salad items and focused on what was on the warmers. Rice palao, mehti chicken, curry goat, butter chicken, tandoori vegetables, vegetable pakoras, and one other chicken dish all managed to fit in my container, so I had a sampling of many items to go along with a fresh naan. All were delicious, not quite "medium" for spiciness. For dinner, I finished off what was left over from lunch. The Mt. Everest (which I have enjoyed for dinner), only a few seconds' walk down the sidewalk, also has a lunch buffet, but I do not know if they have takeaways. I'll have to check and compare.

• Visited September 2012