“Nice hotel, included breakfast mediocre”
Review of Nova Inn Inuvik

Nova Inn Inuvik
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Inuvik
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed here for 3 weeks on my initial move to Inuvik. The place was excellent. Every room is heated by gas fireplace and they also have free standing air conditioners for the hot days. Rooms are nice and clean. It is on the end of town so you have to walk about 10 minutes to get to town. This has an advantage because it is much quieter as its not on the "bar walk" or skidoo route in winter. Large parking not give the size of the place. If you have a motorcycle they seem ok with putting them under the front roof overhang by the door.

Room Tip: They have kitchinettes also.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul A
Regi0nalsalesmanager, Regional Sales Manager at Nova Inn Inuvik, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank-you very kindly for your review.
It is always a pleasure to hear postive reviews about our properties.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you to another one of our Nova Hotels in the future.
We wish you all the very best in your future travels- Mindy Smythe

There are newer reviews for Nova Inn Inuvik

Reviewed February 10, 2013

After 3 days on the icy, often treacherous and always notoriuos Demster Highway, we reach Inuvik, NT, Canada. We were welcomed by friendly staff into a modest looking lobby, with promises of a warm room, private bathrooms and running water. Once in the rooms we discovered that there were gas fireplaces in each room and they were as clean as the average 4 Star. This was quite un-expected as the majority of the accomodations encountered along the Dempster had mummified moose heads in the lobby and the vast majority did not pass our "Black-light test". In those occasions, we chose to sleep in our truck rather than take the risk of exposure to, well, the likely-hood of a variety of insidious risks. With our expectations low we were more than pleased to wash, eat, play, sleep (and then repeat the last 2 again) in complete comfort with no reason for concern with the exception of imagining both the adventures and terrors of the return trip. Next time we will travel only after the snow is gone and we look forward to our next stay at our "Oasis on the Dempster".

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank John G
Regi0nalsalesmanager, Regional Sales Manager at Nova Inn Inuvik, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank-you very kindly for your review.
We are always pleased to hear when we are able to make someone's travels go a little smoother.
We wish you all the very best in your future travels and look forward to welcoming you back to a Nova Hotel in the future. - Mindy Smythe

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Our private Firth River trip group stayed in at the Nova Inn in Inuvik prior to departing for the river. Our gear was delayed at the Peel River crossing because of a flood and we stayed several more days in Inuvik than originally planned. The staff at the Nova Inn was helpful, patient (with our open -ended itinerary) and always courteous. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There are not a lot of options for places to stay in Inuvik so I was pleased to find that the Nova makes the extra effort to provide guests with a pleasant stay. Derek and Hani are awesome, genuine, and personable. They will not be forgotten. I don't think I can say that about the staff at any other hotel I have stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Barry H
Regi0nalsalesmanager, Regional Sales Manager at Nova Inn Inuvik, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank-you very much for your kind review of our staff and amenities.
I'm pleased to hear that the management and staff were able to take care of all your needs and provide you with a great experience while awaiting your gear.
All the best to you in your travels-Mindy Smythe

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed at Nova Inn July 20-22, 2012. We were amazed at the amenities of this full service hotel. Comfortable suite, MW, fridge, AC and a nice complimentary breakfast. The manager Derek Pillay was very courteous. He set up the satellite TV, the air-conditioning and allowed us the use of his computer to access our email accounts. We were on this journey with a vanload of goods from Abbotsford to give to the Lighthouse Church for distribution to the needy. So Nova Inn became an important link in this benevolent venture. Any request we had was graciously granted. Thank you! Bruno Muller.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Forgiven707

Thank-you very much for your kind review.
It was nice to hear that our staff was able to contribute in making your important trip such a success.
All the very best to you in future travels-Mindy Smythe

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was recently at the Inuvik Nova for 18 days on a work trip. Original schedule was 4 days; unexpected break-downs at work site progressively lengthened it to 18. Everything worked in the room, and housekeeping was attentive. Supervisor Hani and all the rest of the staff were invariably helpful, polite, and pro-active, regardless of the hour - front desk is staffed 24 hours a day.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank John S
Regi0nalsalesmanager, Regional Sales Manager at Nova Inn Inuvik, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank-you so much for your great review.
I am pleased to hear that you had a fantastic if somewhat extended stay with us, and will certainly pass your praise of service along to our staff.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the property again in the future.

All the Best in your travels.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Starting from Dawson city, I have bicycled the whole length of the Dempster Hy, I have been camping out in the wild for several nigths, on the last day of my ride I was under pouring rain, when I arrived in Inuvik I was exhausted and covered with mud from head to toes... I was looking for a place to rest a few days and to clean myself and my clothes.

I was recommended the Nova Inn, dirty as I was I was wondering how I would be wlecome at the hotel. When I arrived to the Nova Inn the manager welcome me, very hospitable and friendly, he gave the lowest rate available, which much lower than other hotels in Inuvik, offered me free of charge the hotel laudry room to clean and wash my clothes and provided a safe and secure place to store my bicycle. I was very surprised with the quality of the room. For the price the room was better quality than what I have seen in many hotels in larger cities down South, satellite TV, free internet, a gasburning fireplace, a nice desk to write from, a good fridge to store food , very quiet etc. The room was new, very clean and very comfortable with individual air conditionning, this is important as during the summer, the daily 24 hours of sunshine will quickly raise the inside temperature of any well insulated building. The dark curtain were also good to help me find sleep at night when the sun never sets.

I appreciated the complimentary continental breakfeast served until 11:00 AM every morning.

you will not find a spa, or swimming pool, if you are lookig for these, you are better stay South, but you will find a very friendly and hospitable staff. For the price this is the best hotel in Inuvik, I strongly recommend it to anyone needing a place to rest and recover from a long ride.

Réjean Simard

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rejean s
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Spent 2 nights at the Nova Inn, the rooms are clean, comfortable and spaceous. The housekeeping staff does an excellent job. Continental breakfast is good, lost to select from. Friendly and attentive staff

Room Tip: Corner suites are quite spaceous
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Irene M

Been to Nova Inn Inuvik? Share your experiences!