All reviews the owner road noise cabot trail musty smell coffee maker and microwave would stay here again lay your head visiting cape breton nice room small fridge great price great place to stay motel brook laundry wifi tv
Reviewed October 3, 2017

The Aberdeen was a quaint but clean little motel. The owner was very nice. Husband had trouble twice with the TV remotes. She came down quickly both times & got him on the right track. She was a lovely lady to visit with. She came here from Switzerland & loves to visit with folks. Gave us a great tip on where to dine. Would stay again if ever in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms are on ground level.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Clean, comfortable and affordable roadside motel . 1st time to stay but we will
Come back. Ideal stop on the way to Cabot Trail or Newfoundland ferry. Friendly and helpful owner. 2 and 1 bed and rooms , small fridge and even a table for a game of cards and all at a low price .

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2017

Like many visiting Cape Breton on relatively short notice, I searched high and low for a reasonably priced, well situated lodging that was not a hostel or camping. Hard to find anything near or on the Cabot Trail for under $150/night in August. Even most of the AirBnB offerings are laughably overpriced; you want me to pay $175 for a room in your house, with shared bathroom?! Umm, no. I settled on Aberdeen Motel, and glad I did. It's clean, well maintained, and despite being on the highway, surprisingly peaceful after dark (ask for a room around the side of the complex next to the running stream, really good). Staff are friendly and very helpful. And I could do my laundry for $3! In an overpriced tourist market, the $75 I paid seemed like better than a bargain. This place serves as a great base from which to explore the fabled Cabot Trail. It's not a Marriott, there are no fancy soaps, no spa treatments, but it is a perfectly functional place to lay your head and sleep after a long day of driving.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Let me preface this review by saying that I am from the USA and am used to staying in Marriott Hotels. We had a very difficult time finding a hotel in the area and this was our only option. The Aberdeen is a classic roadside motel like my parents stayed in in the 1950s. That said, the motel was very clean and felt very safe. The rooms were basic and small but comfortable. The motel sits on a very busy road and I worried that the road noise would keep me up. However, by 11-11:30 pm it was quiet. Air conditioner worked well. This motel would not be my first choice if I was going again but it served its purpose for my husband, sister and I.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Beth G
Reviewed August 12, 2017

The lady who runs the property was delightful! The property is positioned next to a stream which was a welcome surprise. It is also steps from a gorgeous lake. The room was small and simple, however, it was extremely clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo