“Awesome seafood chowder!”

Auld Brass Door
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: International Fare Wae A Cape Breton Flair aptly describes the menu which ranges from appetizers/salads/soups/burgers/pastas/seafoods/steaks and beyond...but always remember to leave room for dessert. Taste our "quietly understated" Homemade chowders and then you be the judge as to who has the best chowder in Cape Breton. Open later than others around and with "wing nights till 2.00A.M on fridays and saturdays".
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The restaurant is very attractive and was very quiet when we arrived. The food was good, the seafood chowder was awesome. My salad w/scallops was a bit pricey for the quantity/quality but overall was a good experience. I would recommend this place to anyone passing through the area.

2  Thank LJinthePeg
There are newer reviews for Auld Brass Door

Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

I stop for the wings and the 20 year old scotch. And Dick's steak sandwich is a treat as well. You can eat in the dining room or try the less formal cafe. There is even a quiet lounge area next to the bar. And lots of parking if you're RVing or in a big truck.

1  Thank Trucker5201
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My husband and I visited the restaurant just a few hours after driving in from Toronto. It was an hour before closing and we were starving.
We were greeted warmly when we arrived and invited to sit where ever we preferred.
The menu was extensive and we had trouble deciding what to try.
I finally decided on a bowl of chicken soup and a homemade biscuit. The owner assured me that the soup was homemade and oh my it sure looked it.
The soup was filled with huge chucks of chicken and pasta, it was all I could do to finish the bowl. Amazing soup.
My husband had the hot beef sandwich and enjoyed every bite of it.
He was even served extra gravy with his sandwich, not that he needed it.
I commented on how wonderful the cup of tea I had was, and the owner was wonderful enough to bring me a couple of tea bags to take back to our motel room.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone traveling through the area.
Between the wonderful service and the exceptional food, this is a restaurant not to be missed.
I

1  Thank Kimikat
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My husband and i have decided to enjoy Canada from coast to coast by motorhome over this next year. After a rather long week on the road, with random spring weather, we had found ourselves on the steps of the Auld Brass Door. We were greated warmly, and soon learned that the establishment was a family business. The owner,was scotish i think, and i have heard before that the Scotts are very welcoming to travellers. This was certainly the case, The service was prompt and polite, the food was wonderful, and the conversation a welcome change. My husband and i will be stopping back in to visit on our way home, and would suggest anyone passing by do the same.

2  Thank MamaZambia
Reviewed March 9, 2012

i had a wonderful experience at the auld brass door restaurant.The staff there were very inviting and hospitable to my needs as i was visiting nova scotia.The food was suburb and the seafood chowder was amazing.Myself and my friend found it very cozy and the friday night was a blast. Everyone in the lounge was extremely friendly and very willing to conversate with some new people visiting their province.We left that night feeling like family.Im going to be visiting the area again in the summer of 2012 with my girlfriend to see her family and i will definately be stopping in to share this great experience with her.

4  Thank Brad N