“Chowder”

Charlene's Bayside Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Relaxed diner, family friendly dining with hearty home cooked meals.
Calgary
“Chowder”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

The chowder is better than great, no other in my experience has come close. It is an intimate place and the hospitality is special, it being a unique and family restaurant. The baking is also worth sampling. We were here for breakfast, lunch, and just to go again.

Panama City, Florida
“I agree with you gotta eat here!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My husband and daughter had the seafood chowder. It was delicious with big chunks of seafood served with homemade bread. I had fish and chips which was fantastic. Lightly breaded and a thick piece of fish. Our son had a club sandwich which was also well made. For dessert we shared a bucket of mud. It was great but nothing that you couldn't make at home, brownies, pudding and whip cream. Overall it was worth the 50 minute drive out of our way to eat here!

Antigonish, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best seafood chowder I have ever had”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

The seafood chowder is the best I have ever had, with no potato filler, but with lobster (big piece), clam, haddock, etc. The taste is so good! I also tried their breakfast. The prices are very reasonable.

The ladies working there are incredibly friendly and nice. They offered me information and suggestions. They made my travel experience on Cape Breton Island even greater! Thank you ladies at Charlene's Restaurant!

Mississauga, Canada
“Great chowder”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

One of the best seafood chowders I have had!!!
My family spent almost 2 weeks in the Maritimes (PEI and NS) and I had seafood chowder in many places. This was by far the best; it was all seafood and no fillers (potato) that I had in many other places.
The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful; we were trying to find a ceilidh to go to and the staff went out of their way to find all the information they could to help us.

• Visited August 2014
“Breakfast and Lunch meals were fantastic!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

The chowder was delicious, even my kids loved it! The eggs breakfast was outstanding. I've never had eggs that tasted so good. Maybe they were farm fresh eggs? They could toast their bread a bit more so it resembles toast more than slightly coloured bread.

Wouldn't recommend the dinner at Charlenes. Lasagna was reheated, possibly in a microwave, burgers were frozen and tasted ok, Caesar salad was good but again the croutons, which are obviously homemade could use a higher setting on the toaster.

1 Thank Sabmik1713