“Great value. A class act.”

Atlantica Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Western Shore
Reviewed June 16, 2014

From first arrival to check-out, the Atlantica impressed. Professionalism shines through its employees at all levels. The grounds are outstanding. The rooms are clean and well appointed. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank idoforms

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed one night with my Groomsmen prior to my wedding day in a room with 2 queen beds.

The beds were extremely comfortable and I wish I had one in my house. The rooms were clean and well appointed.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating and organized all my rooms for the wedding and they were very flexible.

The wi-fi was there but poor and slow most of the time. When it worked it was good.

Wish the breakfast came with the room but me made do.

The lounge was nice with a good atmosphere and the entertainment was relaxing. The service was prompt and the one Male waiter was very nice and was able to accommodate our shot requests for our mini prior to wedding party! :)

However the lady working the bar was the total opposite, had an attitude problem and was not overally friendly.

The hotel was located within walking distance of my wedding venue and has great views and shampoo.

The layout is rather strange and you have to walk long distances to reach your car, room etc... The rooms, bathroom and hallways really need a remodeling. It was very outdated and the tv was staticky and not flat screen.

We lost power the day of our wedding so the bride and her bridemaids almost never got their hair done at the spa on top of that the girl that did their hair was brand new and it was her first day???? :S That s=is okay it pulled together. With no power we had no water since 11:20am and the wedding was at 4...

The wedding night in Villa 7 was perfect those rooms are awesome and cozy.

Good hotel would stay again, in the end all guests liked it. Will stay again if needs be!

Room Tip: Get a oceanview room or Villa
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank cabincrew_polak
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband and i stayed here for two nights on a recent holiday. After we had unpacked we went to explore what was on offer and were very pleased with what we found. The hotel grounds were just beautiful with wonderful views. We had dinner in the restaurant on one of the nights. The food was lovely with something for everyone and the waiting staff were very pleasant, nice people who could not do enough for you.
We checked out of the hotel very early in the morning as were going off to P.E.I, the lady on reception had just got there and had not taken her coat of yet, but dealt with us before she did anything else. We found the entire staff to be welcoming and incredibly helpful. We would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the shore.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katbob15
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel and spa offers a unique and comfortable stay. Great views,fantastic food and helpful and friendly staff! The theme week-ends are well planned. Meals are very well presented with great variety and choices to fit every appetite!

Room Tip: Check for rooms available on water side....fantastic views of water and nice quiet top floor!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 17, 2014

we stayed in a chalet . Very happy with the chalet and all the amenities supplied. internet worked will Full size stove fridge utensils and BBQ. Very friendly and helpful staff we look forward to returning later this year

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SaihtJohnliftman
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I attended a wedding ceremony at Atlantica Hotel & Marina Oak Island, and the staff genuinely couldn't do enough to help you... they made the stay and the weekend absolutely perfect.

We had a lot of variety from rooms to seafront chalets/villas, and they were all very homely.

Personally, i slept in one of the rooms in the main building, which was comfortable, very clean and had all of the usual conveniences.

I spent a lot of time down by the waterfront with my friends and family, and their chalets were exactly the same, only on a larger scale.

The chalets also had fire-pits, so you could get a campfire going, which was perfect for a warm evening by the sea.

The mini-golf, basketball and tennis facilities were useful, seeing as we had a few teenagers and children with us, and they were all kept in very good condition.

Definitely worth a visit if you are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We always visit on March Break. Would like to say thank you again for your hospitality. As always, we were greeted warmly and the desk clerk remembered my boys from last year. It was the Friday before March Break and the hotel was not crowded yet so we went for a swim. The pool was empty except for a pool/gym member and her daughter. The pool, hot tub and sauna were spotless as always. What a nice surprise to come back and see that the boys' March Break t shirts had been delivered to the room! It wasn't yet busy and the staff took that extra step! The crafts, video games and other activities were fun for the boys as always. My son lost a very small cannon off his recently constructed pirate ship and staff took the time to find him another one! We liked that you had moved the buffet to the usual "video game room" as this created less congestion in the foyer. The food was hot, fresh and very good and the buffet room was staffed at all times. Last year we had run into opposition from the waitress when my boys preferred to order off the menu instead of the buffet. This year, the boys were asked if they wanted to see menus and were served what they called delicious homemade mac and cheese instead of last year's cold kraft dinner. A big improvement! The wait staff was more than friendly. Although the menu mentioned ice cream, the children's desserts were pudding and jello. We got around that with root beer floats :) What a nice idea to serve "cocktails" to the kids. They felt special. My older son really enjoyed the scavenger hunt, which had a different theme this year. I will say that the staff really go out of their way to make families feel welcome and taken care of. My 10 year old son has a gym membership at home and was disappointed to see the "no admittance under 16" sign on the gym door, especially as we had seen children working out with their parents earlier. My only request is to parents: Please keep an eye on your children. Just because there are staff there does not mean it's ok to not supervise your children. One child removed a drain cover at the pool and my son walked into it almost up to his knee. No parent would admit that their child had done this and he had a huge bruise and cut on his leg. The pool is not supervised and signs state this. Watch your kids. Staff sent someone down to talk to the people at the pool and thankfully my son's leg was not broken. Also there was a child taking over the video game room, playing both controllers and not giving anyone else a turn. My son fixed his wagon by removing the game. Also, no running in the halls means just that. Back to the hotel. Our room was spotless. We had a suite with a hide a bed and a door between the two rooms. The Aveda products are always welcome. I actually plan to drive back some weekend and purchase more as I forget when we were leaving. Our view was beautiful. We could see if the pool was busy and if the dining room was busy just by going out on the balcony. It amazes me how cleaning staff kept the hotel so clean with so many families on the go. Good job! The wagon rides were fun for the boys as well. John Gracie was playing in the lounge. Family friendly. Bring the kids. The nicest memory for me is the smell of the fireplace when you walk in. Thank you again!

Room Tip: If you are a sleeper, don't choose a room near the lounge, unless you want to hear the great liv...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
#3 of 6 in Lunenburg
Topmast Motel
Topmast Motel
#5 of 6 in Lunenburg

Been to Atlantica Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!