“Best option in town”

Dining options: Reservations
Toronto
“Best option in town”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

We were in Tatamagouche in June. The restaurant is the best option in town -- good food, lovely atmosphere and pleasant service. The spot down by the TransCanada Trail is lovely and you can see birds feeding from the dining car windows. This guy had a great idea in restoring these rail cars and station.

Visited June 2014

Easthampton, Massachusetts
“Lunch in a Moment in History”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

We visited the town of Tatamagouche to go to the Tavinish Brewery and decided to visit the Tatamagouche Train Station Inn. We originally went into the Cafe /Gift Shop to get a quick bite but no one seemed to want to wait on us...so we left and went to the Dining Car.
This was a wonderful experience ... Cloth table linens ..fantastic waitress. I had the Ceasar Salad..my wife had a Turkey sandwich .. My buddy had the Fish Cakes...and his wife my cousin had a Chicken Wrap.. After ordering and getting our drinks a basket of home made Biscuits followed ... Which were light and fluffy and simply delicious. I would recommend the Dining Car to everyone .... Simply a great experience.

Cary, North Carolina
“A good experience”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Had blueberry chicken. The staff in the dining car were very friendly and the food was good. Reserve your seat in advance during summer.

Visited July 2014
Fredericton
“Great food, cool history”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The back of the menu has a full rundown of the history of the place, the railcar is kept in original decor and is kind of small, but definitely different than your average loud family restaurant. Not sure you'd want to take a large gathering as you are only able to squeeze 4 to a table at best. The food was fantastic and service was fast, we had a great experience for just the two of us. We made a reservation just in case.

• Visited July 2014
kentville
“Great food...”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed at the Train Station Inn and wanted to eat here our first night,but we were unaware that reservations were required.The "Station Master",Jimmy,neglected to tell us that when we checked in,even though we asked for a menu so we could have a look at it.I did not see this mentioned on their website either.
But the food was fantastic.We had the Lobster stuffed mushroom caps for a starter,and they were delicious.For a main course,my wife had the fish cakes,which came with a salad and baked beans,and it too was delicious.I had the Scallop Gratin,and it was so good I could have licked the dish cleaned.
The service was mostly good,except for after our meal.Our server,Sydney,brought our bill,but it took her over 15 minutes to come back so we could pay our bill.I thought this was an excessively long time to wait and we should have got looked after a bit quicker than this.

• Visited July 2014
TrainStationInn, Manager at The Railway Dining Car, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We really appreciate hearing how much you enjoyed your meal.
I'm sorry to hear of the extended wait to pay your bill. I know this is one of our weaknesses in the dining car and we hope to rectify that in the 2015 season by creating a hostess station that would be staffed during our busy periods to allow guests to leave as they wish.
Hope to see you again in the future.