“Rasberry pie is to die for - YUM”

The Railway Dining Car
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Tatamagouche
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dubbo, Australia
“Rasberry pie is to die for - YUM”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The dinner was lovely as we both had salmon but I will never forget the raspberry pie. It was to die for.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank MaryFrancesRoman

Maitland, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing cuisine in an interesting atmosphere”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stopped in at the end of a day trip on the Northumberland shore. Upon arrival the exterior looks dated but you step inside to a beautiful rustic interior in an original dining car. I had the ceasar salad as a starter, which was easily the best I've ever had. My main course was the BBQ chicken pizza which is loaded with toppings including fetta cheese. Our waiter was very soft spoken, otherwise everything was excellent.

Amherst, Canada
“Great Atmoshpere”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We ate in the Dining car. The mussels I had for an appetizer were some of the best I had for a long time. The service was good and the experience on eating in the car and seeing the cars around added to the dining experience.

1 Thank HsppyTraveller
Moncton, nb, canada
“Good food fair prices”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Found this establishement on line.took a sunday drive had a great meal good food . Visted the sleeping arrangements in the cabooses very nice and clean only found that they where kinda pricy for a night Overall great

Dartmouth, Canada
“Canned Lobster”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I can't begin to tell you how disappointed the members of my party were after waiting 9 months and spending $60 in gas just to come to the Train Station for lobster sandwiches were when we found the lobster sandwiches were no longer made with chunks of fresh lobster but were now made with mushy, wet canned lobster. We had been dreaming of the day, since late summer when we were ther last, til the day we could indulge in the best lobster sandwich weI had ever had again. You can imagine our shock when the strongest flavor in the sandwich was the lettuce. When I think of all the people I had recommended I hope none of them wasted the trip down. I would sooner have a McLobster in future.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Lysa M
TrainStationInn, Manager at The Railway Dining Car, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hello Lysa,

I apologize that your visit to the Railway Dining Car did not meet your expectations. We strive to not only meet our customers expectations, but to far surpass them. I understand your lobster sandwiches were not the same quality as you had with us a year prior. I would be interested in learning a little more about your visit such as the approximate date you visited with us as we did have a change to our lobster supplier for a brief period. We too found the quality not to be the best with the new supplier and switched back almost immediately. I can assure you that we are back to using only the highest quality lobster available and hope you'll give us another try.
Please feel free to contact me via email at janette@trainstation.ca.
Best Regards,