“Great Atmoshpere”

Dining options: Reservations
Amherst, Canada
“Great Atmoshpere”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We ate in the Dining car. The mussels I had for an appetizer were some of the best I had for a long time. The service was good and the experience on eating in the car and seeing the cars around added to the dining experience.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank HsppyTraveller

Moncton, nb, canada
“Good food fair prices”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Found this establishement on line.took a sunday drive had a great meal good food . Visted the sleeping arrangements in the cabooses very nice and clean only found that they where kinda pricy for a night Overall great

• Visited August 2013
Dartmouth, Canada
“Canned Lobster”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I can't begin to tell you how disappointed the members of my party were after waiting 9 months and spending $60 in gas just to come to the Train Station for lobster sandwiches were when we found the lobster sandwiches were no longer made with chunks of fresh lobster but were now made with mushy, wet canned lobster. We had been dreaming of the day, since late summer when we were ther last, til the day we could indulge in the best lobster sandwich weI had ever had again. You can imagine our shock when the strongest flavor in the sandwich was the lettuce. When I think of all the people I had recommended I hope none of them wasted the trip down. I would sooner have a McLobster in future.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Lysa M
TrainStationInn, Manager at The Railway Dining Car, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hello Lysa,

I apologize that your visit to the Railway Dining Car did not meet your expectations. We strive to not only meet our customers expectations, but to far surpass them. I understand your lobster sandwiches were not the same quality as you had with us a year prior. I would be interested in learning a little more about your visit such as the approximate date you visited with us as we did have a change to our lobster supplier for a brief period. We too found the quality not to be the best with the new supplier and switched back almost immediately. I can assure you that we are back to using only the highest quality lobster available and hope you'll give us another try.
Please feel free to contact me via email at janette@trainstation.ca.
Best Regards,
Janette Thompson
Food & Beverage Manager
Train Station Inn
Miami, Florida
“Disapointing”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Drove 30 minutes because of some local recommendations. We found the food to be so-so. Cute setting. A bit musty

Visited August 2013
Hello Jrob3030

Thank you for visiting the Railway Dining Car, I'm sorry we were not able to meet your expectations. I would be interested in hearing more about your visit such as the approximate date and what you ordered so we can work on improving things. It is feedback like this that helps us understand what our customers are looking for and how we can make improvements.
Please feel free to contact me at janette@trainstation.ca
Best Regards,
Janette Thompson
Food & Beverage Manager
Train Station Inn
South Carolina
“Great experience!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I enjoyed dining in the dining car very much. The ambiance is, of course, so charming!! Our server was simply precious! The food was a little on the pricey side, I felt. It was good, though, and they used some produce form their gardens in the dishes. The desserts were really a highlight. Especially the raspberry pie, made by the owner's wife. People drive for over an hour for this pie, and call ahead to reserve some!

Visited July 2013