“Canned Lobster”

Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Tatamagouche
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I can't begin to tell you how disappointed the members of my party were after waiting 9 months and spending $60 in gas just to come to the Train Station for lobster sandwiches were when we found the lobster sandwiches were no longer made with chunks of fresh lobster but were now made with mushy, wet canned lobster. We had been dreaming of the day, since late summer when we were ther last, til the day we could indulge in the best lobster sandwich weI had ever had again. You can imagine our shock when the strongest flavor in the sandwich was the lettuce. When I think of all the people I had recommended I hope none of them wasted the trip down. I would sooner have a McLobster in future.

2  Thank Lysa M
TrainStationInn, Manager at The Railway Dining Car, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Hello Lysa,

I apologize that your visit to the Railway Dining Car did not meet your expectations. We strive to not only meet our customers expectations, but to far surpass them. I understand your lobster sandwiches were not the same quality as you had with us a year prior. I would be interested in learning a little more about your visit such as the approximate date you visited with us as we did have a change to our lobster supplier for a brief period. We too found the quality not to be the best with the new supplier and switched back almost immediately. I can assure you that we are back to using only the highest quality lobster available and hope you'll give us another try.
Please feel free to contact me via email at janette@trainstation.ca.
Best Regards,
Janette Thompson
Food & Beverage Manager
Train Station Inn

There are newer reviews for The Railway Dining Car

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Drove 30 minutes because of some local recommendations. We found the food to be so-so. Cute setting. A bit musty

Hello Jrob3030

Thank you for visiting the Railway Dining Car, I'm sorry we were not able to meet your expectations. I would be interested in hearing more about your visit such as the approximate date and what you ordered so we can work on improving things. It is feedback like this that helps us understand what our customers are looking for and how we can make improvements.
Please feel free to contact me at janette@trainstation.ca
Best Regards,
Janette Thompson
Food & Beverage Manager
Train Station Inn

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I enjoyed dining in the dining car very much. The ambiance is, of course, so charming!! Our server was simply precious! The food was a little on the pricey side, I felt. It was good, though, and they used some produce form their gardens in the dishes. The desserts were really a highlight. Especially the raspberry pie, made by the owner's wife. People drive for over an hour for this pie, and call ahead to reserve some!

1  Thank hcvoyageuse
Reviewed July 26, 2013

You go to the train car restaurant for the experience as much as the food, but that being said, our dinner was wonderful. I was impressed that the grow all their own vegetables on-site, you can't get fresher salad and veggies with dinner anywhere else. The main courses were fine but of course the main attraction was eating on in the train car and that didn't disappoint.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Very good fishcakes served in a charming environment. You do not have to be a railroad buff the enjoy the Railway Inn in Tatamagouche.