“Big portions and great food”

Big Al's Family Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Tatamagouche
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Established in 1987, Big Al's is celebrating it's 30th anniversary in 2017. We pride ourselves in serving quality Canadian cuisine in a friendly, child-friendly atmosphere.
Truro, Canada
“Big portions and great food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here today for supper. Both of us had the haddock and chips. I was glad I ordered the one piece as my husband could hardly finish the two piece. The batter was crispy, fish hot and cooked to perfection. I prefer a lighter batter, but still enjoyed. Our server was friendly and checked back with us. My only criticism is with the two windows that need to be resealed, as you couldn't see out of them. I will return.

Visited July 2014

South Mountain, Canada
“Don't judge a book by its cover!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

This is what my wife told me when we walked in and sat down.
Well I must say I was very impressed with the food as well as the service !!! My wife had a seafood bake, which she loved! While I tried the Greek hamburger and really enjoyed it as well.
We would stop by of we ever come back this way. ..... oh and I won 27.00 dollars on the 50 /50 draw, what a bonus.

2 Thank stevealg
“Nice place for lunch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

This place was recommended to me by a shop owner so I gave it a try. It is large with lots of windows and some interesting wood carvings of animals by the front door. My waitress was cheerful and attentive. I had the special which was a pesto chicken wrap with roasted veggies that was delicious. I passed on the side, several varieties of potatoes or rice. When I went to pay she knocked $2 off the bill so that was a pleasant surprise. I paid $7.99 for lunch + tip. I will definitely eat here the next time I'm in town. Free wifi which is nice if you are dining alone.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Challs1
Scott0604, Owner at Big Al's Family Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review of our Restaurant. We always try very hard to give our customers a pleasant experience. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to serving you again in the future.
Dartmouth, Canada
“Average Bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We ate dinner at Big Al's on Saturday June 28th while staying overnight at the Train Station Inn. We ordered chicken wings and two different burgers with potato skins. The service was prompt and courteous. Refills on the drinks when needed. The chicken wings were tasty but we both found the burgers a little dry. Potato skins were good but could have used a little more cheese. Overall I would rate them as above average in service but average on the food. Typical bar/pub layout and decor with an additional patio section. I would take a chance on eating here again.

• Visited June 2014
Nova Scotia
“Good Service, Okay Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

I had the chicken club with fires. Pretty good food. Not the best pub food I have had. The service was excellent. The prices are average to above average.

Visited June 2014