Cove Motel
Orbitz.com
$94
$77
  • Pool
Coastal Inn Antigonish(Antigonish)(Great Value!)
$70
$62
Oasis Motel and Campground(Antigonish)(Great Value!)
$70
Fair Isle Motel(Whycocomagh)
$85
$82
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Hebridean Motel(Port Hood)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscape bretoncabot trailbeautiful viewseafoodrestaurant mealquiet spotwine glassesattached restaurantfamily weddingportion sizeone night staycausewaycabinbuoysaccommodationsroomycanada
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The motel advertised free wi fi which was unavailable likely due to the dial up service (and We appeared to be the only guests that night).
They advertise dining until 10 pm but we were told that it was closed until. 4 pm the next day....
They room was clean but old and tired in appearance except for the intruding silverfish in the bathroom
We were told they were just opening so we would get off season rates .... $99.00 plus taxes. Way overpriced for the services rendered and room.
To add I was awakened by the maintenance staff honking car horns at 0800 right outside our room
Try the Maritime Inn..., we missed the signage due to the lateness of day.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We pulled into this motel on a wet and cold night, turned up the heat, had an excellent meal in the restaurant (see my review) and slept soundly. The older TV did not worry us. We did not use it. The small cramped bathroom was clean, but was roughly renovated, the mattress was good, an arm chair would have been a bonus, especially at $99 without b/fast. There was no noise from the road, but the walls are thin.
However, and for travellers I regard this as important: we have travelled the world on all points of the compass for 14 years and I always ask to see the room before renting unless, very rarely, we prebook a top of the range hotel (when I will also have checked on Tripadvisor). On this occasion I was flatly refused. I believe only what my eyes tell me and the response, "all our rooms are good" will not do. It is either arrogant or there is something to hide. What the desk clerk did not know was that two days previously, prior to touring Cape Breton, I had asked to see a room in case we should need to seek accommodation on the way back, which as it turned out we did. On that occasion the very kind and helpful lady gave me a key and I looked in myself, and checked that, although cold, I could see our way to staying there if need be.
The point is this. No hotel/motel should deny you the right to check the room you will be renting. I would not have stopped here to sleep had I not previewed it. That would have meant we missed a very good meal in the restaurant, run my the same owner. We would have motored on to Antigonish, where the Maritime Hotel is good, and the meals good as well. This area is the gateway to Cape Breton, There are no chain hotels and prices are far too high. Competition is urgently needed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wyntyll
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

we ended up getting stuck in Nova Scotia the ferry got cancelled so instead of going further we decided to stay here and I fell in love with this place!!! the room was very clean, bed were comfy and best of all the pillows are amazing! I will be back for a visit for sure!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Newfiegirl1236
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed here at the end of the season, We didn't expect any frilles and thats what we got. Rooms were dated and bathrooms definitely need some TLC . You can tell that not much reinvestment goes on here. Fairly clean but not much else. If you're looking for mediocrity this is your place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2012

the lobster meals are the best in the area, the other seafood cooked to perfection every time. We go there five to six times a year when visiting family in the area. Servers are friendly and efficient and never rush. We were there this past weekend the day before they closed for the season Half priced entrees thought I had died and gone to heaven mussels scallops seafood chowder a smoked salmon club, it was a good thing i was driving back to Ontario i could hardly walk.

These folks make there money for the year in a very short time so prices are a little high but well worth it. The view is perfect very relaxing.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family