“Nice Place , and cheap”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Port Hastings
Fort Mcmurray
“Nice Place , and cheap”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I would like to say I have read all the reviews and I had to laugh at some travelers. What is the point in traveling if all complains . If you didnt like the place why stay ? For my vist was very nice , very relaxing , and clean rooms. Price was right , no dinningroom but wasnt upset , the over all look of the Hotel need some work, The front desk are very pleasent , housekeeping was excelent.. all staff very helpfull in my 2 days stay there. To any traveler with a budget this is the place to stay

Room Tip: ask about balcony rooms very nice over looking the water
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank FortMcmurrayOrchids

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stayed here on August 9, 2011. The place is a wreck, totally unkept and unmaintaned. Rates were reasonable, but I guess you get what you pay for. I would not go back!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank mn6002

Travelers are raving about these Port Hastings hotels

Truro, Canada
Reviewed September 10, 2010

As in the other reviews, this motel is NOT as advertised: no restaurant, no lounge, not even a continental breakfast and no internet. The inside walls were chipped and pealing and the outside was worse. Pealing paint , a rusty sign, missing siding and a badly cracked parking lot gave the overall appearance of extreme lack of attention by the owner. This is NOT the standard of accommodations one would expect in Nova Scotia. It does NOT deserve a rating.
On a more positive note, the staff were most helpful and accommodating, doing their best under very difficult conditions. A tip of my hat to them!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank AlexanderRR
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2010

This place is a dive. When we arrived for checkin the desk girl was in tears because her last checkin had yelled at he. "Par for the course here," she told us. Just about everything about the outside and inside is unkempt, old and dirty. Walls are paper thin so all the noise from other rooms comes in loud and clear. My wife booked it, not me.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Jhuik
nova scotia,canada
Reviewed March 10, 2010

Stayed here with my 12 year old along with about 10 other families for the duration of our boys hockey tournament.The rooms were spacious and clean with vaulted ceilings..We had a microwave and fridge in the room{this I requested when making my reservation }.The furniture was not new but was clean and comfortable .The room we had was a drive up room , there was also a door to the hall[117].Our view was the parking lot...hey it's march in NS,we weren't there for the view.The rooms on the other side had a nice view.The lobby area was large with a sitting area , tv and computer.The front desk staff was wonderful ensuring all requests were satisfied.Email me if you have any ques, I'd be pleased to spread more compliments about this motel and especially the girls at the front desk who were so nice to us and so nice to our kids.Over the past # of years I have experienced while away for Hockey so many hotel staff with 0 tolerance for kids{teams } this place is not one of them.

• Stayed March 2010
2 Thank nickie M
Kentville
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Worst place ever!
What they promise on their web page does not match reality. .
When I arrived, I hesitated, because the motel looked unkempt.
However, I was tired, looked for a good meal, and rest.
After checking in, I asked about dinner times. I was told dining was not available.
My options were either crossing the very busy, very dangerous highway (no crosswalk available) or not eating at all. I decided to have a glass of wine first - no ice available. Well - then I just wanted to watch some TV before I went to bed - TV did not work.
Now I got upset and asked for a 20$ refund off my 99$ price.
The owner (who kept me waiting two hours) offered 10%. He also said, if my hearing dog left any smell in the room, he would charge extra for that. He did not understand my question, by whose nose it was to be determined if there was any odor, and just kept saying that there was extra charge.
I checked out after that and slept in my car.
Through all this, the young lady at the reception was very embarrassed and very kind.
Kira

#1 of 3 in Port Hastings
Fair Isle Motel
Fair Isle Motel
#1 of 2 in Whycocomagh

Been to Thriftlodge Port Hastings? Share your experiences!