“Not on our return list”

Crofter's Steak & Seafood
Ranked #13 of 54 Restaurants in New Glasgow
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2018

We went to this location for the first time in many years. Our very first trip years ago left us with the impression most of their food was from M&M and simply prepared as ordered nothing actually fresh. This time we had a gift certificate we had won so we decided to try again. They opened at 4PM we got there about 445 and were the first people there. Our waitress came out with the cleaning materials from cleaning the bathrooms, she did wash her hands before waiting on us however you would have thought that would be all looked after before they opened the doors. First up lobster stuffed mushroom caps as an appetizer cost $12.95. Order came with 4 small mushrooms, 1 had no lobster, 2 had a piece of lobster as big as you little finger nail and the 4th had a recognizable piece of lobster. All were covered with a cream cheese concoction that I likened to the old paste that used to be used in craft class in the 50'/60'. The waitress was surprised we didn't like them!!!! They should check out Pipers Landing to understand what a lobster stuffed mushroom cap should look like. Next the main course I ordered fish and chips, no chips substitute garlic mashed the order came with both. The batter on the fish was soggy and not crisp like you expect with fish and chips. The garlic mashed had enough garlic to ward off vampires and was not pleasing. My wife had a pasta dish that she said was passable. Our dessert was lemon cheese cake and it was fantastic, they seem to have desserts down pat. If it wasn't for the gift card I would have been very disappointed paying what the cost was for a meal like that.

Reviewed January 31, 2018

I was recently in the Trenton area on business and took a recommendation from a colleague to try Crofter's for supper. Myself and a business associate from another company had supper there and enjoyed it so much we returned the next night and had just as good a meal.
I would definitely recommend it to anyone in the area.

Reviewed January 13, 2018

My sister , niece and I went here this evening because my niece was given a gift certificate for this restaurant...we ordered lobster stuffed mushroom caps....we stared at them when they came out...there were four mushrooms with a cream cheese, herb dip poured over them...we tasted it and each of us spit it out...we were not charged for this .we ordered coconut shrimp which were fine , although only four of them..we ordered bacon wrapped scallops ...which would have been fine if the bacon had been cooked through...and no flavour at all. We ordered potato skins which were burnt! We actually laughed ..we could not imagine serving this to anyone ....so, we were still hungry , so we ordered the seafood platter ....we could not believe it....the scallops were little tiny ones ( the server said they weren't frozen but I do no t believe it) there were three shrimp..which were fine, the mussels were so dry we could not eat them...the haddock had no flavour , and we did not eat it.the veggies were cooked to death...all mush...we just kept laughing through it all...
Any other restaurant on the county would have been better than this!
My desert was good..lemon cheesecake , which was not made at the restaurant! Thank goodness..
Im not sure if a new cook came on to night but I can't believe how this restaurant stays open...
The server was friendly and it wasn't her fault...
Never again!

Reviewed January 11, 2018

We ate there on a quiet evening, mussels were good, nice garlic flavour. Seafood chowder was very good. Seafood melody was very good, lots of seafood in a white sauce. Dessert was a shared brownie. More like a small piece of cake, very rich and nice with icecream. Coffee a little bitter

Reviewed October 4, 2017

I tried this restaurant a couple months ago and was disappointed by the food. It is billed s a steak house but my steak was poorly cooked and on the tough side. I enjoy my steaks rare and ordered it that was when it arrived at the table it was closer to medium at best. The server was not interested in the fact it was over done so I left it paid my bill and will not be back