“Best value on our 12-day Canadian trip”

Crofter's Steak & Seafood
Ranked #11 of 49 Restaurants in New Glasgow
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Walnut Creek, California
“Best value on our 12-day Canadian trip”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stopped in for dinner before checking in to the nearby Holiday Inn Express in Stellarton (before taking the ferry to PEI). I wish I had taken them up on the $32 for a 2# lobster dinner, but I was really hungry after a long day driving the Cabot Trail, and I hadn't had any meat since arriving in Canada 6 days prior, so I opted for a steak and seafood combo. It came with a bunch of fresh vegetables, which tasted steamed, and some mashed potatoes. I don't remember the exact price, but I believe it was $19. I did look up my total bill, with soup, wine, tax, and tip, came to $35.12.
While this wasn't the most gourmet meal I've ever had, everything was cooked well and as ordered. When I take value into account, this was the restaurant with which we were the most pleased during our stay. I just wish I could have come back and ordered the lobster. As long as you don't expect Joel Robuchon, I think you'll be pleased to eat here.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank lebelgo

Greenville, South Carolina
“Decent Food”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I had the steak and shrimp dinner in May, 2012. The atmosphere is OK, and the food was fair. Average food, high price.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank jwlar
New Glasgow, Canada
“Great food!”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Never had a meal I didn't like. The maple salmon was always my favorite. The steak and lobster (in season) is excellent and the price is reasonable.

3 Thank wmccann
Montreal, Canada
“OMFG why is this place still open”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

When I first took a look at their website, the description looked good so I went. What a deception, I thought that I was going to enjoy a good meal but NO. This restaurant should be close by now. The chowder looked someone took milk and and mixed it with fish. I had the steak and seafood medley.. Steak was thin and as hard as a boot and the umm..not seafood were in a over salty creamy sauce.

I do not recommend this restaurant to anyone

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank John c
Nova Scotia
“Waste of time and money”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

A recent visit to this restaurant turned out to be a waste of time and money! As we entered we could barely see to get to our seats in the almost empty dining room. The turquoise walls and dated wallpaper do nothing to improve the atmosphere.

We had a very pleasant waitress but the food was terrible. Pan fried haddock that seemed to be pre-cooked and reheated. If it was cooked to order it was soft and mushy! cool mashed potatoes and mushy stir fry veggies which were also not hot. Absolutely unacceptable for a restaurant with no one in it.

We were given water when we arrived but did not get offered refills and my glass was empty for most of my dinner.

I would never go back to this restaurant and certainly would never recommend it to anyone. It doesn't have the feel of a restaurant where the owner has a passion for food or service. Both were lacking!

• Visited November 2011