Stayed here for one night with the family on our East Coast trip.
The outside of the Comfort Inn is a bit dated (older looking). But - the hotel rooms have been completely redone. You could tell our bathroom had been all replaced (including a brand new one piece surround bath tub/shower, sink/vanity/toilet/etc). There was a microwave & fridge in the room.
The rooms were not as "sound proof" as other "newer" hotels. This wasn't a huge problem, but the newer hotels we have stayed at on this trip (Hampton Inns were definately quieter). You could hear people clearly in the halls as they walk by.
The breakfast area has also been redone - in fact, one of the employees serves you the hot breakfast (bacon/eggs) which is a nice touch. The breakfast area is a bit small/crowded, but clean and tidy. The standard cook yourself waffles, toast, english muffins, etc are also available.
Internet speed was very fast - best out of all the hotels we have stayed at on this trip.
There is no pool at this hotel (keep that in mind if you are travelling with kids).
The best part of this hotel is by far the Staff.
I can't recall the ladies names - but when we checked in, I asked about the pool (I didn't realize it didn't have one) - the lady was very apologetic about not having a pool, but let me know there is a beautiful beach very close by. She gave me excellent directions to the beach (Melmerby), and we spent a couple of hours there in the afternoon. We quickly forgot about the lack of pool - excellent suggestion.
The other staff member I need to mention is the lady who has the 2 year old son - not sure on her name either, but she went over and above drawing a map of where to find 2 different parks to take the kids to. Very helpful, and definately customer driven.
All cleaning staff spoke to us as we walked through the hallway (many hotels they do not do this) and it was appreciated!
I would recommend this hotel for sure, and next time we are in the area, I would stay at this hotel simply due to the amazing Staff onsite!
Keep up the good work
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn New Glasgow is now All New Just for You. Newly-Renovated Guest Rooms and Lobby, Free Hot Breakfast, and now 100% Non-Smoking-all with the same great award-winning hospitality. Comfort Inn New Glasgow is a recipient of Choice Hotel's 2014 Gold Award. Centrally located within Pictou County, it is an ideal location for both business and leisure travellers visiting New Glasgow, Stellarton, Westville, Trenton or Pictou. The Northumberland Ferry to P.E.I. Is just a short drive away. Newly renovated rooms feature flat screen TVs and mini-fridges. Hotel features include free hot breakfast, morning newspaper and free high speed wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Choice Canada and Hotwire so you can book your Comfort Inn - New Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn - New Glasgow Hotel New Glasgow
- New Glasgow Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn - New Glasgow Nova Scotia