“Great room and very friendly and helpful staff.”

Comfort Inn - New Glasgow
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in New Glasgow
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Comfort inn is always a very reliable place to stay. I booked a day before and had no problems suecuring a room. My company stays frequently with comfort inns across the province and opinions are great across the board. Also excellent was a free room upgrade to a business class room - thank you to the gals at the front desk for that. After a long day of work, I enjoyed kicking back for an evening.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank mcginnisdavid9
Diane M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - New Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear mcginnisdavid9,

I would like to say thanks from all of us for choosing to stay at Comfort Inns. Your kind review is very much appreciated and we are happy to hear that you and your co-workers enjoy your stays. We look forward to welcoming you back to Comfort Inn New Glasgow!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Nice accomadating staff clean rooms comfortable, Choice privileges drives me the Ya sign up for the card 2 separate nights 1 night free on the sign out front. The Manager tells me you get 8000 points which is the same thing. After two separate stays I don't get the points I call they tell me I didn't register for the promotion you would think this would happen automatically because you signed up to become a loyal member. Then I find out its not 8000 points its 5000 points on top of the points you earned that stay. As much as I love to jump through hoops I found the Best Western points system a lot simpler. I didn't have to make as many phone calls to get the points.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bradley M

Dear Bradley M,

Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Inn New Glasgow and posting your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I have passed along your comments in regards to the Choice Privileges program to the Choice Hotels Corporate Office. They were appreciative of the feedback and I believe that comments such as yours will have a positive impact on future promotional considerations.

I hope we will see you upon your return to New Glasgow.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We had a very comfortable night at this location while waiting for the NL ferry service to resume. The staff were very helpful and efficient....the housekeeping staff were super good. It was a very quiet night even tho close to the TCH. Breakfast was just fine..would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Request a room on the back away from the street
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sparbil
Diane M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - New Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Sparbil,

Thank you for your review of Comfort Inn New Glasgow. We very much appreciate the fact that you chose our property for your stay-over during the unexpected ferry delay and that you have taken the time to share your experience. I hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again on a future visit.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We checked in early and the check in was no problems.The front desk girl was great.The room with this comfort inn was only motel clean,the room had a beer cap on the floor and the previous guests bill on the dresser for his 3 night stay ok so you actually clean and vacuum a room!!! NOT!! plus the cleaning girl walked in on us in the room with out knocking with her key card. In previous complaints the manger said how they changed the breakfast arrangements NOTHING has changed from 5 months ago you sit in the lobby and eat off coffee tables that sits maybe 4 people. lucky this comfort inn has a timmy's next door, at around 100.00$ a night get it together, cant wait for the manger to respond with the BS.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Greyhoundlover
Diane M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - New Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear GreyhoundLover,

Thank you for returning to the Comfort Inn New Glasgow and for posting an updated review for our property. I was disappointed to learn that during your recent stay our new breakfast seating area went unnoticed. It is located adjacent to the front lobby in a converted guest room (formerly room 121). We made these arrangements last November based on customer feedback such as your own and while we wait for finalized details from our corporate renovation planning team. I have posted a photo on our Trip Advisor page as well, so that future guests will also be aware of the additional seating now available.

I do apologize that your recent stay did not meet or exceed expectations (neither yours, nor ours) and would like to apologize for this, as well as re-state that we welcome all guests’ comments and especially so at the time of your visit so that we may promptly rectify any situations that may have occurred, thus ensuring a more satisfying guest stay.

I hope we will have the opportunity to see you back with us in the future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The front desk staff are always very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are very clean. Breakfast is great. Stay here on business trips. Was upgraded to a business class room! Would recommend to anyone! Hotel is next door to Tim Hortan's and other amenities.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Diane M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - New Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Dale A,

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn New Glasgow while on your business trips to New Glasgow. We very much appreciate your recommendation and feedback of your experience while staying with us.

Look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I am a firm believer in customer service. Actually that is an understatement, I believe customer service is what makes a business. This hotel hit the nail on the head when it comes to customer service.

The manager and staff at this location were so outgoing and accommodating. They made is easy to approach them and ask for anything or where to go for dinner even.

I have to send a special thank you to Julie who works the front desk for being so kind and to Diane the manager for being so accommodating to me.

Room Tip: Any of the odd number rooms on the main floor are really convenient cause the balcony doors open to...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Diane M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - New Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Adam H,

Thank you for your wonderful review! Not only are we fortunate to have great staff members like Julie, we are also fortunate to have guests that are willing to share their experience.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It is in a great location with everything you need close by. I was extremely pleased with how friendly staff were. They were so nice and happy to help you in any way they could. The rooms are exactly modern but they are very clean. It was a very pleasant stay and I will return!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Diane M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - New Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Laurena C,

I would like to thank you for choosing Comfort Inn for your recent trip to New Glasgow and let you know that we are very appreciative of your kind comments.

We are happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Glasgow
The Lionstone Inn
The Lionstone Inn
#2 of 3 in Pictou
No photo provided

Been to Comfort Inn - New Glasgow? Share your experiences!