“go for the fishcakes! yum”
Review of Sailors Galley

Sailors Galley
Ranked #10 of 59 Restaurants in New Glasgow
Reviewed May 8, 2018

Hubby and I were there shortly before closing, and we still received very courteous and prompt service. Place is not all that large, but clean and neat. Hubby got the fish and chips, which were ok, but didn't really stand out. I had the fishcakes - they were very delicious, and the presentation (with cooked veggies (carrot and turnip) and baked beans and coleslaw) was also nice. Food was hot and very generous portions. We were quite pleased. Too full to try dessert, though they looked good. I would eat here again.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed March 8, 2018

I stopped in for Fish ‘n Chips. They advertise on their menu haddock loins. I received two fish tail ends. Both the fish and chips were incredibly over cooked. I will never order this dish there again. Back to Westville!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 27, 2018

Visited this location on Sunday February 25th/18. Found location what you might call dated. However we didn't come for the atmosphere. I had their hot hamburger sandwich which my wife had their beef steak Hoagie. We found the service very good, helpings were generous and food tasty. Only complaint was the food could have been hotter. Especially the hot hamburger other then that would recommend as a good place for an inexpensive meal well served.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed November 29, 2017

We go to the Sailors Galley for breakfast every chance we get. Always great food and great service.
You really should try the omelet.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 17, 2017

Stopped in here on the way to Cape Breton after checking on TA for places nearby. It's just off the highway. Didn't look like much from the outside - we nearly thought to go elsewhere but glad we didn't. Not too fancy inside either, but homely and welcoming. The seafood chowder was some of the best we've ever had, chock-full of seafood and really delicious. Fish and chips also great, big portions, tasty. Didn't have room for dessert but the pies looked wonderful, and lots of other 'homey' desserts too like Apple Crisp and even Tapioca! Can't wait to have their chowder again.

Date of visit: October 2017