“Valentino's Ristorante - Great Experience!”
Review of Valentino's Ristorante - CLOSED

Valentino's Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open Daily at 5pm. Romantic, relaxing and late night dining.Chef's table available for groups of 4 or more. Garden Patio seating overlooking the beautiful Mahone Bay waterfront. Catering services offered for special functions on site or off. Reservations are appreciated.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Although the restaurant offers attractive waterfront dining; we chose to eat in one of their elegant, and intimate, dining rooms. We enjoyed a window table looking over the lovely outdoor garden. The menu is very interesting and features family specialities. Both service and food quality were excellent, and the personalities of Joanne and Valentino, respectively the Hostess and Chef, enhance the atmosphere.

4  Thank arteli_reynolds
joanne a, Manager at Valentino's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Molte Grazie peril tuo commento ( many thanks for your review)

I will pass on your kind words to Val also
Thank you for choosing our restaurant to dine at and we look forward to you returning soon

Ciao
Val and Joanne

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

An absolutely amazing meal at Valentino's!! Val and Joanne made the evening extra special with their personalities and care for their guests... Was perfect from beginning to end!! Can't wait to go back! Martha and Pat

5  Thank Martha A

Ciao Martha and Pat

It was wonderful meeting you both and we thank you for sharing your experience with the
TripAdvisor readers

We are always happy to share in our guests memorable moments and we look forward to your return visit
Have a great summer

Val , Joanne and Nick

Reviewed July 22, 2014

A companion and I had a wonderful Italian meal at Valentino's recently. We chose the restaurant because the posted menu outside had two of my favourite items: stracciatella soup and veal piccata, both of which I had inside.

The soup was the best of this variety I have ever tasted. Valentino puts three kinds of cheeses in the soup and it was wonderful. Next came the veal with some mushrooms and vegetables. Again it was among the best servings of this selection I have had (including on my many trips to Italy).

My companion had the Fruits de Mare and was well pleased with that choice.

The decor of the restaurant is simple but classy, with great Italian hits playing softly on the sound system. I cannot emphasize strongly enough how much I appreciate the fact that the music is QUIET, enabling people to talk.

This is a family-run restaurant, the best kind, in my book. Son Nick greeted us at the door, while Valentino's wife Joanne made sure our order was taken promptly and that our meals were satisfactory. She was a great person to chat and joke with throughout the evening, never obtrusive but always there if we needed her.

At the end of the meal Valentino (Val) himself came out to make sure everything was fine.

All in all one of the best dining experiences I have had in a long time.

Highly recommended.

5  Thank Juventius

Molte Grazie ( many thanks ) for taking the time to write a review for the TripAdvisor community to read.

We truly thank you for your kindness and choosing our restaurant to dine at.

I also hope that you enjoyed the concert that you were going to that evening.

Siamo lieti della vostra prossima visita ( we look forward to your next visit

Ciao
Val, Joanne and Nick

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

As a rule. Sorry for the generalization, but south of Halifax, I can't think of another Italian restaurant. I'm not saying they don't exist, but I don't know of any.
This preamble to prove, that I don't understand the great reviews. Because the restaurant is open year round? Yes, big point Nov thru early May.
Because their bread is good. Hmmm.
Their salads appear to be good, and really aren't bad. But they all look pretty much the same (except for the de rigeur Caesar salad).
The pastas, all come with the same sauce. Ask for "spicy" arrabiatta and they bring you some (homemade--yes really) chilli paste on the side.
Although not on the menu, they do make children's size pasta dishes.
Desserts are interesting, innovative and quite simply delicious. Please, always save room for desserts!
The problem with this resto?
It needs a Gordon Ramsey makeover. I'm no trying to be mean. It has a tired HUGE menu. There is no way everything could be fresh in April....when there's only one other occupied table....on a Sat night.
Tighten up the menu. Come on Val! Don't be afraid! Spread those wings! Don't let blandness continue to beat you down! Some of us like, no LOVE,flavour.
If you come to this resto, ask them to jazz up the taste.
Enjoy the garden this summer everyone. It IS delightful.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The food was amazing, ambience perfect..(loved dining in the garden overlooking the water) and the hosts were fantastic! The tables inside were lovely as well, very cozy and inviting if you were to sit inside. Just a perfect evening. We can’t wait to return. Our dinners were delicious. I am a seafood lover and it was cooked perfectly, served with the best home made pasta I have had.
From the moment we walked in the door we were treated like honoured guests. Val and Joanne are warm and welcoming and we were very fortunate to have had them join us at the end of their busy evening. What a beautiful evening it was. Thank you so much Val and Joanne for making us feel like part of the family and putting so much love into everything you do. It shows in the delicious food right on down to the candle lit tables and superb hospitality. See you soon

6  Thank A H

Grazie (thank you) for your review and kind words

I have to agree that our garden is a beautiful place to sit in and dine.
We are always pleased when we exceed our customers expectations, and we do take great pride in everything that we do and thank you again for your review

It is wonderful that you felt like" Parte della Famiglia" Part of the family
Looking forward to serving you again

Val, Joanne and Nick