“A Dining Experience "Gem" - Highly Recommend”
Review of Valentino's Ristorante - CLOSED

Valentino's Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Open Daily at 5pm. Romantic, relaxing and late night dining.Chef's table available for groups of 4 or more. Garden Patio seating overlooking the beautiful Mahone Bay waterfront. Catering services offered for special functions on site or off. Reservations are appreciated.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My wife and I dined here very recently. We had a wonderful experience. After an shared appetizer of calamari, my wife had the veal marsala and I the fettuccine pescatore - all were outstanding. One can tell that ever dish was freshly made. My wife said it was the best veal marsala she had ever eaten. The chef (Val) certainly has the flare for creating dishes with great flavour and eye appeal. Also Joanne and Nick provided great service and all 3 took time to chat, which we really enjoyed. Overall the hospitality was outstanding. We are fortunate to have found such a restaurant "Gem" and definitely will be returning in the near future. We highly recommend it.

Bob H

1  Thank Bobreviews
joanne a, Manager at Valentino's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Hi Bob
It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife and have such lovely conversations with you .

We would also like to say thank you for writing a review for the TripAdvisor community to read.
We truly appreciate it when our customers take the time and share their experience.

Again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again in Mahone Bay

Grazie and Fino alla prossimo volta ( until next time )

Val ,Joanne & Nick

Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I shared a meal at Valentino's recently and consider it one of the best we've had in a very long time. The individual dishes were flavourful,each course better than the last, beautifully presented and served piping hot. Joanne and Nick provided top notch service and we enjoyed several chats with Val. We felt very pampered and will definitely make another trip to this exceptional restaurant, hopefully when the weather is warm enough to enjoy the outside garden.

2  Thank Janet N

Hi Janet
Molte Grazie peril tuo commento ( many thanks for your review)

We are so happy that your experience was a great one with us, and we look forward to serving you again

Grazie Val & Joanne

Reviewed June 11, 2014

This restaurant is not very far from my home but this is the first time I have eaten there. We were celebrating my wife's birthday; and were treated like well loved family members from the minute we walked in the door.
The decor was very pleasing, the premises was neat and clean .
Val has a great flare for taste and brought us out some of the dishes himself, he also brought out our desert and asked how we liked everything.
The service overall was friendly and very inviting and, although we did have to wait a few minutes for our check while Val and Joanne had a lively conversation with some other patrons, it was not a negative experience since we were actually called in to the conversation at one point and we didn't feel we were being ignored.
One of my daughters said she would rather have a paper menu as she found the binder style menu a bit bulky, but she also admitted that she was being very nit picky with that comment.
Overall we all agreed it was a great place to eat and we will certainly be back

3  Thank Tom M

It is always a pleasure to be part of our guests memorable moments, and we thank you for choosing our restaurant to celebrate your wife's birthday

We do hope that next time you go out to dine that Valentino's will be your number one choice

Arrivederci a presto ( see you again soon)

Val & Joanne

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Valentino's is one of the best restaurants we've dined in during any of our travels. Come prepared to stay a while and savor the entire experience. Excellent food, attentive service, and all in a wonderful, small restaurant.

3  Thank photoguy1104

Grazie (Thank you)

We truly appreciate you taking your time to place a review on our restaurant for the TripAdvisor community to read.

It was wonderful to read that you felt that you had the best meal and dinning experience with us while you were traveling.

We offer a true European type dinning experience for our customers and we love it when you are able to relax and enjoy it.

Again Molte Grazie ( many thanks ) for your review
Val and Joanne

Reviewed June 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I were travelling through Mahone Bay, and we went online to find a place to eat. Valentinos was the top rated restaurant ... This was no fluke. Upon arriving we were greeted with a warm smile and offered the option of indoor or outdoor dining. As it was a beautiful day outside we chose to sit outdoors. Joanne walked us through to the back where there are a few patio sets in the back. The scenery is breath taking and very relaxing. We felt no sense of being rushed, and we're treated as the only guests seated. The menu gives a lot of variety, from Italian food, to seafood and more. Being an Italian myself, I was very impressed with the foods authenticity. After each course, we were asked if we enjoyed the food, and if there was anything else they could get for us. At the end of our eating experience the chef came out and introduced himself and asked if we enjoyed our meal. The staff is extremely friendly and personable. I highly recommend Valentinos, as it is a dining experience like no other! When I am back visiting Nova Scotia I will definitely be coming back! Love, Casey and Darren

2  Thank Casey K

Diletto (Dear) Casey & Darren

It was wonderful to met you both and we would like to take is opportunity to say thank you for your review.
I am so happy you enjoyed your evening in our garden and we look forward to seeing you again when you travel to Nova Scotia.

I will pass on your kind words to our staff also.

Fino Alla prossimo Volta (until next time)
Val and Joanne