“Dedicated Owners”

Valentino's Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open Daily at 5pm. Romantic, relaxing and late night dining.Chef's table available for groups of 4 or more. Garden Patio seating overlooking the beautiful Mahone Bay waterfront. Catering services offered for special functions on site or off. Reservations are appreciated.
Reviewed July 16, 2011

The owner's work very hard here. The food was generally very good - appetizers and desserts especially. Entrees varied. The veal marsala came in a sweet, thick sauce - my preference would be for a lighter touch for this dish.

Decor is a little odd for an Italian restaurant - an Indian print and some other items seemed out of place. Service was friendly and excellent. Overall the restaurant had a warm, friendly feeling to it.

2  Thank euro727

Reviewed July 10, 2011

This is a must if in the South Shore of Nova Scotia. The decor is lovely, lavender shades of paint, restored ceiling, tables NOT packed in like sardines - a big bone of contention for us, as so many establishments do this. This place is lovely to experience, and the food is FABULOUS. So is the service. Try the ribs, pulled pork, pizza, and a mocha cheese cake, plus coffee - all were excellent. And they are so accomodating - just ask, anything within reason is taken care of. Can't wait to go back again and get into the more Italian dishes.

11  Thank GenuineBluenosers
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Had an outstanding meal here in the little town of Mahone Bay that was like a meal one would expect in a highend fine food resturant in a city. My wife had the veal which she said was unique and the best veal she ever ate. When we arrived a couple at another table spoke to us and were there for the 3rd time(opened about 5 months ago) and were "world" travellers and said we were in for a great food experience. They were right. On their recommendation I had ribs which were about as tasty and tender as anything that ever hit my taste buds. The veggies were even amazing. The owwer (Valention) and his wife ( excellent server! ) chatted with us for a bit before we left and their passion for their new venture and the skills they have will assure them success at their new venture, Valentions.

12  Thank JMSCanada
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Mahone Bay is a lovely little village on Nova Scotia's south shore, full of beautiful shops and lovely sea views. Valentino's is a little restaurant situated on the main street. When you first walk in you immediately notice the beautiful decor and the friendly greeting. Be prepared to take your time, the food is prepared fresh and is worth a short wait. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and the dessert was heavenly. The coffee was one of the best I've ever had. Ask for an explanation of its preparation, just for the fun of it.
I expect to return to this restaurant many times in the future.

10  Thank NancyStone
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My husband and I recently traveled to New Brunswick, P.E.I, and Nova Scotia for our honeymoon. Our favorite meal was at Valentino's. When we got back my husband said, "I'd fly back to Canada just for another meal at Valentino's" JoAnne and Val were both incredibly warm and provided excellent service. I got the linguine and scallops and my husband got the risotto. Our food was incredibly fresh with the perfect amount of spice. AND we were full when we left! We can't say enough about our experience here. Good luck to JoAnne and Val! This restaurant rocks!

10  Thank WesleyandLeighAnn