“A fair pub lunch”

Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Mahone Bay
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We sat outside with a really nice view.The boss lady was a character and we were made to feel very welcome.The chowder was OK but not the greatest.However,it was a reasonable lunch stop

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Eryn was the best server of any place I stopped at during my time in Nova Scotia. She was friendly and on the ball. The food was fresh and great as well to go with the amazing service! This place is highly recommended!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Vista from balcony is great - nice view out to the bay - it was fun watching the sailboats coming in to find a spot to anchor (we are sailors so enjoyed watching the boats). Food was quite good for pub food and the best thing was the fries were not soaked in grease (which has been our experience at other pubs). Staff friendly and service was fine.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I visited the mug and anchor a number of times while i was in the area. Its such a shame that it is the only pub in town...because i would have gone anywhre but here, had there been any other option. As a result of it being the only licensed premises between mahone bay and lunenburg..the place is overpriced and to be fair, a bit dull! I think i went there 3 or 4 times. The first time i went there i believe it was a thursday night, as i heard a band was playing. I have been at more upbeat funerals in my time...it was dull! I just felt sorry for the band who were playing some decent enough tunes. I went back the following weekend and the atmosphere was a bit better due to the festival in town. I also went to meet a friend there the following tuesady night for a few drinks. From the second i arrived i felt uncomfortable and almost guilty for ordering a drink at 8.30pm. All around me the staff were clearimg tables and packing up for the night....and i felt as if i was being rushed from the moment i arrived. Just a horrible feeling when you are trying to have a chat with a friend and are constantly looking over your shoulder to see if they're about to shoo you out the door. I just thought the staff could have been a bit friendlier, in particular the young lady who seemed to be in charge. She just didnt want to be there i felt. And i had also noticed this on previous visits. It was after this that i decided not to go back there again. Food was also extremely average and like everything else, overpriced. Sorry if i offend, but im being honest!

2  Thank drunkneph86
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had been here several times a few years back and loved it just as much this time. We always have great pub-style food and enjoy the views of the bay from the patio area. Our favourite staff member Daisha, we had met a few years back, and unfortunately we missed her on this visit.