“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kedy's Inlet - CLOSED

Kedy's Inlet
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Soups, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Restaurant is currently closed for the season
Halifax, Canada
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Impromptu dinner last night at Kedy's Inlet in Mahone Bay exceeded expectations. From the moment we entered until we left, my husband and I enjoyed every morsel and every moment.

We were seated at a table with lots of leg room for my tall husband, and our server came back shortly to take our drink orders. There wasn't a moment's hesitation in bringing me a sample of a wine so I could decide which to choose. His beer was chilled to perfection.

I started with spinach salad and my husband had Thai crab cakes. The spinach salad was delicious - the lemon dressing had lots lemon flavour, and the crab cakes were the best he's ever had, anywhere!

I had Heavenly Chicken that is, truly, heavenly, and he had the Sea Grill Platter about which he also raved - in the best possible way.

We finished with the lemon mousse and tea for me and chocolate mud cake and coffee for him. Again, just delicious.

Our serve, Mandi, took good care of us - making sure we had everything we needed without hovering or being intrusive.

We can't recommend this place highly enough. We've eaten here several times over the years and have always been impressed.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Sandra B

Houston, TX
“Best Dining Experience of our Trip”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Our vacation was highlighted by our dinner at Kedy's Inlet Restaurant. There was plenty of parking across the street (just avoid parking in front of the mailboxes), which made this an easy place to visit. And the food was fabulous! We loved the Haddock Chowder especially and would LOVE the recipe! It was so thick and flavorful we wanted to order more and more. But duty called and we moved on to the entrees, which were equally delicious. Our service was excellent and we came away full and happy. In reflecting on our trip to the Maritimes, this place was a real highlight for both of us!

3 Thank SandwichFamily
middleton,nova scotia
“Always good”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I am surprised that this restaurant has not been entered .we have been stopping here for either lunch or dinner whenever we are in the area and have never been disappointed.My only regret is that the new owners have omitted my favorite the Mediterranian fish stew.However my husband goes silly over the cornbread they serve with all meals.The food is excellent as is the service and the price is comparable to other restaurants in the area.You can't go wrong here.

Halifax, Canada
“Tasty local Cuisine," Best Mussel soup ever"”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have had the joy of stopping in this restaurant over the last few years, and have never been disappointed in there food, We have been there with friends and a few times with my wife and I only. I have had the salmon wrap and the Mussel soup, the best I have ever had. I keep coming back for it now. Great place to taste Nova Scotia's true flavour. A must try if you are in the area.

2 Thank ANDRE D
Shawinigan, Canada
“Surprizing”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We just stopped by on the road to Lunenburg to have a quick lunch and it ended up being one of my top restaurant during the trip. The food was excellent, the waitress was lovely and the view was great. We had mussels, chowder and crabbed haddock and I would recommend everything.

1 Thank Benoit L