“Great food & great view!”
Review of Kedy's Inlet - CLOSED

Kedy's Inlet
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Restaurant is currently closed for the season
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a gem of a place! We trooped in 8 strong on a Tuesday night and were told it might be a bit of a wait as a staff member didn't show up. We were pleasantly surprised that instead of feeling like we were causing them work ... we felt very well-cared for and treated like royalty! The place has a nice feel with art work by Sherman Hines who's a celebrated photographer from the area - very beautiful!
The food was superb! They claim to have the 'best chowder in Nova Scotia' and I don't know about that ... but it was amazing! The pan-fried haddock was moist and better than some 5-star restaurants I've been in. Prices are very reasonable and the view is impressive. On a warmer evening it would have been nice to sit outside. Definitely worth a stop!

1  Thank Linda H

Reviewed October 8, 2013

You can't better this place for views, service, ambience and food especially the chowder. A good place for lunch and evening meal but care as its best to check their closing times at night

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My Husband and I have eaten at this restaurant since we moved to Nova Scotia 14 years ago.
We were there last for lunch yesterday. As usual the food was impeccable. It is always of the same high standard, made with quality ingredients.

We love the Fish Chowder which really is the best in Nova Scotia. The biscuits are delicious
the coffee first class. A blend I believe, we have asked. The Ham and Swiss Sandwich for lunch is my personal favourite. Ham and Swiss is nothing special until you have one at Kedy's Inlet

The Heavenly Chicken really is heavenly. Waitresses are great, service great, I have nothing but praise for this restaurant.

The menu is extensive, something for every taste. Decor delightful and view of the Churches is excellent.

1  Thank spilking
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Went to this restaurant twice during our recent three week visit to Lunenburg, and were totally pleased with all the items we ordered, all of which were from their seafood items. Both the Haddock and mussel soups were excellent. I truly enjoyed a delicious Halibut special, while my wife had Salmon, my son scallops and our guest the Haddock on the first visit, and all were prepared very well. Our second visit or guests had the shrimp and scallops, and the seafood skiberreen, while my wife went for scallops and I the Haddock. The service was very friendly both visits, and my son getting a solo happy Birthday from our lovely waitress (great voice) whose name unfortunately escapes me now. Located just at the end of Mahone bay, you get a nice view back to the three churches. Would not hesitate to go back if we get back to the area again.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

First time eating here since it became Kedy's Inlet. We had a fantastic meal. The haddock chowder is still the best I have ever tasted. The lamb goulash was absolutely delicious and the Creme Brûlée was amazing. We will be back!