“Nice and Friendly”

Fisherman's Daughter
Ranked #1 of 6 Mahone Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Everything was nice, more than only okay. The room and especially the bathroom was very nice and cozy. And we liked the open manner and the cheerfulness of the innkeepers as well. The discussions with them and the other guests at the breakfast (also very good!) was interesting and funny at the same time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I had a fantastic time at the Fisherman's Daughter B&B. The location in Mahone Bay is very convenient, the room we stayed in was lovely (I especially enjoyed the Victorian claw foot tub) and the entire house is very clean and well cared for by the owners, Will and Mel. They made us feel so welcome that it was like we were old friends who had come to stay for a visit. We enjoyed their company and the breakfasts were wonderful each morning. This is an exceptional B&B and anyone who stays there is in for a treat! We look forward to visiting there again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I just returned from my third stay at the Fisherman's Daughter B&B and like my two previous stays it was absolutely perfect! Will, Mel and Max (the dog) are excellent hosts who make their guests feel right at home. The breakfast is always excellent and constantly changing! In the fourteen nights that I have stayed here the breakfast has always been different. Other than one night I have been staying exclusively at the "Captains Quarters". This room is spacious and very comfortable. The bathroom is very large with a walk in shower plus a magnificent claw-foot tub. I have never had the pleasure to use the tub but the rainfall shower is great! All of the rooms that I have been in are extremely well taken care of and very-very clean. The house is outstanding as is, but they have been making many improvements that truly fit the character of the building and surrounding area.

My last two visits I had late flights that had me arrive after midnight, each time Will was waiting for me to help me to my room. In addition my flights home were very early and again Will offered to make breakfast for me at 3AM. They always go out of their way to help in any way they can. I cannot say enough about the great experience other than my next stay is about 6 weeks away and I am looking forward to it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Telly G
melwill84, Owner at Fisherman's Daughter, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

thanks man, always a pleasure to see you!We have some amazing breakfasts planned for your next visit!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about this B&B! My room was gorgeous. Soft aqua and blues with a sea-side theme to the decore. Charming is the best word. The bathroom had a stand-alone claw-foot tub with shower attachment. The house itself is beautiful and old but well taken care of. The hosts, Mel and Will, were very engaging and kind. Breakfast was wonderful and great conversation. If I am ever fortunate to visit Mahone Bay again, I will, without a doubt, stay there again. Thank you for an amazing stay!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

We wish you could have stayed longer too! Oh,made the cinnamon buns excellent recipe, thanks!

Reviewed May 4, 2012

A friend and I recently stayed here for 2 mights in "the Back Room" - contrary to the name, the room was spacious and light, beds very comfortable, away from any street noise. Mel and Will were wonderful innkeepers, funny and warm, we especially loved our breakfast chats. Both of them went the extra distance to provide a great b&b experience,i.e. the cooking, ambiance and providing info about the area and Nova Scotia in general - the map was especially helpful. Can't wait to go back to enjoy "the family - Mel, Will and Max"! Barb & Connie

Room Tip: The Back Room had a double and a twin, which is hard to find.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This B&B is a wonderful place to stay. The owners are so nice - 'down to earth' and very friendly; they are there if you need them but they don't push themselves on you which is very refreshing. The rates are reasonable; the bedroom and bathroom (well, actually all the rooms) were clean and fresh; the beds very comfortable and the house is very well maintained. Breakfast was excellent - generous portions (more than I could eat), fresh and tasty and you are given choices. They've put a lot of effort into restoring the house and it shows. Very convenient location - right in the middle of town within walking distance of anything you'd want to see. We've stayed in other places in Mahone Bay in the past; this was the best, by far. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 199Carolyn_H
Reviewed January 26, 2012

My wife and I have travelled extensively in Nova Scotia, This is by far the best experience in all our travels. Nestled between two of the three churches on the quaint main street of Mahone Bay it is the perfect location to see the Lunnenberg, Chester, Blue Rocks, The South Shore and Halifax. The property is spotlessly clean and very inviting, wonderful comfortable beds and large bathrooms. The owners have only recently taken over but we got the feeling the had been there forever they were so freindly and well organized. Every morning we enjoyed a wonderfull large breakfast prepared by Wil whilst enjoying great conversation with Mel and Wil over endless cup of coffee.Every evening after touring all day we would go for a walk down the quaint main street and then return to watch tv in our room or the parlour .Mel and Wil were always available but always in the background and never intrusive it was as if we had the house to ourselves.We will return sooner than later Thanks Mel and Wil Good luck.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderfull
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Bayview Pines Country Inn
Bayview Pines Country Inn
#3 of 6 in Mahone Bay
Heart's Desire Bed and Breakfast

Been to Fisherman's Daughter? Share your experiences!