“South Shore Star”

The Biscuit Eater Cafe & Books
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Mahone Bay
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Biscuit Eater is a friendly community cafe and bookstore serving homemade, handmade goodness in Mahone Bay's oldest building. Fresh baked buttermilk biscuits, locally roasted coffee, stacks of cookies and baked treats, delicious soups, sandwiches and daily specials are all made with care daily by new owners Jessika and Chris and our talented chef Laurie Zwicker. Take a seat by the hearth in a cozy chair, have lunch in the library, grab a snack to go, or visit with old and new friends in the common room - here the warmth of community is alive, well, and waiting to welcome you. We are accessible, family friendly, inclusive and open to all our neighbours from our oldest customer (98!) to biscuit babies. Our new winter hours are Monday - Saturday from 9-4, keep your eye on our Facebook page for evening events, markets, and workshops. We are also available to host your special events, weddings, and creative retreats, contact us with your ideas and collaborations!
Lunenburg, Canada
“South Shore Star”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Biscuit Eater just gets better and better. My fear is that Cara and Frederick, the owners, might ever consider leaving. It is a warm, friendly, cozy space to meet friends, eat terrific food and relax with a Chai Latte in comfortable chairs with books all around. I have been a frequent visitor to the Biscuit Eater and recommend it to everyone I know as the best place to eat or just hang out in the South Shore.

• Visited September 2013

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“A Place to Enjoy”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Every time I visit my friend's cottage outside Bridgewater, we HAVE to "do lunch" at this wonderful place. Food is amazing and reasonably priced! The staff and owners make you feel as though you are guests in their home. Must try the outside patio as it is so relaxing. Makes you feel as though you are eating in a tropical location! Thanks Cara and Frederick!
Cindy J

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Cindy J
Columbus, Ohio
“Fabulous lunch”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had a fabulous lunch at The Biscuit Eater Cafe while visiting Mahone Bay. Lunch was delicious and the service was excellent.
We ate outside on the patio and never felt rushed. while waiting for our order we checked out the bookstore, filled with old and new books.
We highly recommend this little gem, right off the main street in Mahone Bay.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Elaine R
Summerside, Canada
“Just Wonderful”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Had read good reviews about this special place so decided to stop here for our lunch my husband and I and we weren't disappointed at all. The staff was really caring about us and it shows that they are proud of where they work. Food was delicious and food presentation was beautiful. We ate outside on the deck and was totally relaxing. I'd stop back anytime!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Carsenault2013
Halifax, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lots of character with a warm homey feel”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

You get a warm welcoming feeling as soon as you enter The Biscuit Eater Cafe. In the entrance the is a large family style table where most of the locals gather for their daily coffee, this adds to the cafes charm instantly. The place was packed when I arrived even before lunch to make sure I could get a good seat ( this is a good sign to me) The seating is comfortable and the decor matches the laid back feel. The walls are lined with bookshelves full a vast selection so everyone will find something pleasing. You are welcomed to read as well as buy the books. The service is very friendly and attentive without being too much so. I ordered the flat bread pizza which consisted of fresh homemade pesto, grilled vegetables and fresh local feta. I only waited 10 minutes for my food so I was very happy. My food came and I could not get over the amount of food on my plate...the pizza was out of this world and it was accompanied by a side salad with all local ingredients. I finished every crumb on my plate and wish I had room for desert...the selection looked beyond delicious! I will be sure to go back here again and again. If you are visiting Mahone Bay you must make it a point to stop here!

• Visited July 2013