“A true treasure!!!”

The Biscuit Eater Cafe & Books
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Mahone Bay
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Biscuit Eater is a friendly community cafe and bookstore serving homemade, handmade goodness in Mahone Bay's oldest building. Fresh baked buttermilk biscuits, locally roasted coffee, stacks of cookies and baked treats, delicious soups, sandwiches and daily specials are all made with care daily by new owners Jessika and Chris and our talented chef Laurie Zwicker. Take a seat by the hearth in a cozy chair, have lunch in the library, grab a snack to go, or visit with old and new friends in the common room - here the warmth of community is alive, well, and waiting to welcome you. We are accessible, family friendly, inclusive and open to all our neighbours from our oldest customer (98!) to biscuit babies. Our new winter hours are Monday - Saturday from 9-4, keep your eye on our Facebook page for evening events, markets, and workshops. We are also available to host your special events, weddings, and creative retreats, contact us with your ideas and collaborations!
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was so happy to have found The Biscuit Eater last year and I always make time to visit when I can, especially when I get to share the love and introduce my friends to this wonderful Mahone Bay gem! I adore books, and love good food and baked goods so this place is pretty much like heaven for me. The cozy atmosphere, the cute reading nooks, and the smells of delcious goodies being made really makes you just want to curl up and never leave. Great people, great service, and amazing food!!!!! A must visit!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The Biscuit Eater is a lovely cafe and bookstore. I love the atmosphere and the friendly service. All the bakery goods are scrumptious and the lunches and dinner offerings are excellent. Good value and high quality ingredients. The coffee and tea here has always been great - now wine is also offered.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Wonderful home-made, rich flavour raspberry sauce with cheese cake. What a lovely combination. (strongly recommend!) The freshness triggered my tounge.Freshly brewed coffee and hot chocolate warm up a traveller's heart. Next time I'll definitely try some sandwishes and other lunch selections. Suggestions: Choose a cozy seat near window and pick up a book, or enjoy a cheerful conversation with the owner.Don't forget to take some macaroons home, mocha is my favorite.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Biscuit Eater provides a comfortable location with lots of atmosphere. The hospitality is fantastic. They make you feel very welcome. The food is delicious. There is a lot of excellent variety in their food. Their biscuits are superb.The coffee choice is excellent. It is a place we are very comfortable returning to many times.All of the people from the Biscuit Eater are very friendly.It is our favorite place to go.The music and books add to the visit. Donna & John

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Walking in to the Biscuit Eater is like walking into a friend's home. Lovely cozy atmosphere, fabulous food, excellent cappuccino. It is so warm and inviting in the winter and in the summer, a delight to sit on the shaded garden patio. You will usually find someone you know there and if not, you will have made a new friend by the time you leave. And now, you can enjoy dinner and musical evenings. It is our favourite place.